HELP: Ncl says you do not need a electrical converter for the Spirit

plcruiser

I just got off the phone with 2 different representative from NCL to find out exactly what type of electrical converter or adapter was needed for the Spirit for a 1875 hair dryer. I was told by both of them that a converter was not needed and that the voltage was 110. In fact one of the representatives laughed when I asked the question. I am now totally confused as to whether I need one or not. Can someone with experience help me. Thank you.

When we were on the Spirit last month they had a very good hair dryer in the bathroom. You will not ba able to use any hairdryers in the bathroom. Even if you got the adapter for the bathroom, you take a chance of blowing the breakers for multiple rooms. there is one 110 volt outside in the vanity area. Take an extension cord with you.:)

and if you asked them if you could bring sodas or water on board, they would say NO.

for most of the ships, you don't need anything...and they are right, there is a 110 outlet there. it's just that your hair dryer may blow it. you have to remember, they haven't cruised on THAT ship...

they gave you the, overall, right general information for cruising.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=743784&highlight=spirit+outlets

or

rather then spending money on adaptors or converters you may never use again, try this

Wal-Mart: Revlon Stylix International Travel Dryer (1875 Watt) model #RV603PK1.

it has a switch that you can flip...

Archived