US Travel Agents

Has anyone used a T/A from the US? If so. are they secure and would you use them again. Please don't mention names as they are not permitted on the posts.

hi john, i have used one recently and i was very happy with them but you must remember that the price they give you is in US $$$ and then they have to convert to our money

on a recent transaction of $5000 my bank charged me nearly $130 conversion fee so you have to factor in that price also, we were also given some obc so that paid for the conversion fee

the one i used had a toll free number from here which was very handy and i gave my credit card details over the phone which was safe as it saved sending my details by email, i would use them again and i think other members have used this company before

bob

Hi there,

We have booked 3 cruises in the USA...no problems at all. Very much cheaper than the prices here...unfortunately, as we would really love to use an Aussie TA...:)

This means that with the much lower rates...we can now cruise twice for the price...LOL...;)

We also gave our card details over the phone as deposit..no problems.

The USA agents also have quite a few specials with only $100 deposit required, which is an added bonus...

In these days of the 92 to 94 cents to our dollar in exchange, they are exceptionally good buys!!:D

Happy cruising...

S&D:)

055_o1.gif.edb8d64559482f62bd51b04a0bc0bfaa.gif

I've used the same US online agent twice now and wouldn't hesitate to use them again and again. The savings are well worth it and there have been no problems with security, the one I use has a secure online payment method, I have also called them so there is always phone payments if you have a problem paying online.

Aussie TA's just can't compete with some of the discounted prices that US TA's can give. I saved about 1K on my last cruise compared to any Aussie TA and will probably save about the same this time round.... that's a lot of on board drinks! :)

cheers,

Has anyone used a T/A from the US? If so. are they secure and would you use them again. Please don't mention names as they are not permitted on the posts.

I was led to believe one had to have a US address to be able to purchase cruise tickets thru a US travel agent.

Thanks to those who have sent on the emails it is most appreciated.

For those of you who are trying to get into the O 'seas TA'S sites for quotes ,I have just put in that I live in a US state to get the quote. I have also noticed that they all have a toll free ph no so you can call them. One I contacted told me she has customers from all around the world.

The only thing you must remember is that if that US TA goes bust we have no recall on any monies paid.

I was led to believe one had to have a US address to be able to purchase cruise tickets thru a US travel agent.

hi kiwi, the one that some of us use RCL is ok & if you are a past passenger on princess you can but you have to qoute the captains circle number

hi kiwi, the one that some of us use RCL is ok & if you are a past passenger on princess you can but you have to qoute the captains circle number

just an update on the US site

you cannot book on princess from here unless you have a US or canadian address, rhapsody, celebrity is ok

bob

The only thing you must remember is that if that US TA goes bust we have no recall on any monies paid.

The deposits we paid with our credit card were actually drawn by the cruise ship company not the travel agency we booked with.......final balance also to be drawn same way.....peace of mind especially when booking with overseas agency.....cheers shiona

Archived