Has Freestyle 2.0 happened on NCL SUN yet?

kmavb

Just found out about this FREESTYLE 2.0...that the NCL company is puting into all cruise ships (fleet-wide) to further improve the guest experience. But wondering if this has occured on NCL SUN yet??? Does any one know...or have an idea when it might occur??? I hope it has...cause we'll be going on our trip mid May!!!!

Reports (trip reports) are that 2.0 has started to be implemented on the Sun. I imagine that the roll out will be completed over the 19-Day Panama Canal / Repositioning itinerary that ends in Vancouver on May 9.

What sailing are you on?

I'm departing on May 11 to Alaska...I really hope Freestyle 2.0 will be up and running by the time we board the ship. It sounds like a nice little upgrade to NCL standards. And I'm crossing my fingers that it'll make a difference in the quality of the overall experience.

I'm departing on May 11 to Alaska...I really hope Freestyle 2.0 will be up and running by the time we board the ship. It sounds like a nice little upgrade to NCL standards. And I'm crossing my fingers that it'll make a difference in the quality of the overall experience.
Those pax on the last few sailings out of Miami have reported that the staff on the Sun has indicated 2.0 is to be implemented in the coming weeks. Since the cutoff time for implementation fleetwide is June, and the Alaska itinerary for the Sun runs thru September, it strategically makes sense for it to be done before the ship gets to Vancouver. That, along with the second hand reports from the staff makes me think we will be the first Sun sailing from start to finish with 2.0...that could be both good and bad if the staff is not properly trained yet.

Please join the roll call (link is at the bottom on my post). See you on board!

Oh yes...I didn't consider that the staff/crew might not be up to the NEW STANDARDS yet!!! Transition can be difficult to get used to...and it may take a while for the crew to get used to it???

Well...I'll hope for the best...and HOPE that we can all enjoy the perks of FREESTYLE 2.0 soon!!!

Hi Everyone

I'm going to be new to NCL as of Jan.2009 and not familar with Freestyle let alone 2.0. I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death but could you explain, briefly, what the difference is between Freestyle and the 2.0? How does the Freestyle work as far as the main dining room? Can you make a reservation for a specific time, in the main dining room, just once and not have to keep calling? I think I read that for the pay restaurants you have to call each morning.

Any information you have would be helpful or if you can direct me to a thread that has this information that would be great.

Thanks

That, along with the second hand reports from the staff makes me think we will be the first Sun sailing from start to finish with 2.0...that could be both good and bad if the staff is not properly trained yet.

:rolleyes: I'm on the May 9th Vancouver to Vancouver 2 day cruise to nowhere, maybe we'll be the guinea pigs for the crew:eek: Since i've never done ncl happily i won't know the dif.:)

Hi Everyone

I'm going to be new to NCL as of Jan.2009 and not familar with Freestyle let alone 2.0. I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death but could you explain, briefly, what the difference is between Freestyle and the 2.0? How does the Freestyle work as far as the main dining room? Can you make a reservation for a specific time, in the main dining room, just once and not have to keep calling? I think I read that for the pay restaurants you have to call each morning.

Any information you have would be helpful or if you can direct me to a thread that has this information that would be great.

Thanks

If you go to NCL.com, in the left top corner you will see a display that changes every few seconds. If you click the plus sign right there, you will see a link to Freestyle 2.0 and that will tell you all the upgrades coming.

Archived