Past Guest Reception

DIA626

Does anyone know which night the past guest reception is on a 7 night cruise. I'll be on the Liberty 7-26-08....Just trying to plan a group activity around the past guest reception.

Thanks! :)

Your past guest party will be held on Thursday 7-31-08, depending on what Dinner Seating you have the party will be either early or later.

Fred

Does anyone know which night the past guest reception is on a 7 night cruise. I'll be on the Liberty 7-26-08....Just trying to plan a group activity around the past guest reception.

The time and date vary, you will receive an invitation giving you details. I believe it is usually held on a "Fun Day at Sea" if that helps.

On the last trip I went on, they had it on the first formal night.

On the last trip I went on, they had it on the first formal night.

Strange :eek: I have never seen it done on the first formal night, OH !!! What you are thinking about is the Captains Welcome Onboard Party. The Past Guest Party is something different.

Fred

Strange :eek: I have never seen it done on the first formal night, OH !!! What you are thinking about is the Captains Welcome Onboard Party. The Past Guest Party is something different.

Fred

Actually it was the past guest, because I remember thinking it was strange that they were having it then. Oh well :rolleyes:

Actually it was the past guest, because I remember thinking it was strange that they were having it then. Oh well :rolleyes:

Crazy !!!! So when did they hold the Captains Welcome Onboard Gala Party?

Fred

Crazy !!!! So when did they hold the Captains Welcome Onboard Gala Party?

Fred

I believe that was the night before.

That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. :confused: The Captains Cocktail party is always on a formal night. :confused: Were you sailing on the Bizzarro cruise? :p

I believe that was the night before.

I believe you're just a bit confused about that.;)

Captain's party/formal night is always your second night on board all Carnival ships (exception, the Destiny).

The night before would be your first night on board, and there's no party that night.

Actually, a couple of CDs have told me they don't decide when the PAST GUEST party will be held until the ship has set sail, and they then check to see how many past guests are on board....then they decide when and where to have the PG party. It's strictly up to the CD, and it can vary on any ship on any sailing. What was told to me.:)

I believe you're just a bit confused about that.;)

Captain's party/formal night is always your second night on board all Carnival ships (exception, the Destiny).

The night before would be your first night on board, and there's no party that night.

Actually, a couple of CDs have told me they don't decide when the PAST GUEST party will be held until the ship has set sail, and they then check to see how many past guests are on board....then they decide when and where to have the PG party. It's strictly up to the CD, and it can vary on any ship on any sailing. What was told to me.:)

Thanks Cotton....This is what Carnival is telling me.......I just wanted to make sure they weren's BS'ing......

The time and date vary, you will receive an invitation giving you details. I believe it is usually held on a "Fun Day at Sea" if that helps.

I wish this was how it would have ben done. Last week on the Glory, it was held at 4:30 on the day that we were in Belize. We had an excursion planned and didn't get back on board until 3:45. Not quite enough time to get both of us showered, dressed and to the party by 4:30 - so we skipped it.

We had 3 At-Sea days. You would have thought they could have planned it a little differently.

Good guess:rolleyes: Just hoping a recent past cruiser can bring it to the day level;)

It's not always the same, even on the same ship and same itinerary. It will depend on how many past guests there are, and what other group events may be going on for your particular cruise.

They will let you know a day or two ahead of time, though.

Your past guest party will be held on Thursday 7-31-08, depending on what Dinner Seating you have the party will be either early or later.

Fred

I hope not - I am on the same cruise as the OP and we'll are in Grand Turk that day until 6pm I think. I don't think we'll know for sure until we get the invitation the night before. My "guess" is the day before in San Juan - we leave early at 3:30pm.

Can you still go up to the bar and get a martini, or do you have to take drinks off the tray the server brings to you?

The only time I ventured to the bar was when I was one of the first ones through the door - after that it is too crowded.

FYI - the best "party" I have been to was a Cruise Critic make-up party on Celebrity Mercury. The original party was scheduled for way early in the morning, and was not well attended. The cruise director asked us if an evening social would work better, and of course we said yes.

So, he arranged a special party for us, and many of the ship's officers where there to schmooze us, and there was live music, food, and plenty of drinks.

When you have the power of the Cruise Critic, things can happen!!

I would like to know that also, hey I have a group of 105 cruisers on that sailing! :eek:

Archived