Driving Boston to Bayonne

dwardlaw

The last time we drove from Boston to Bayonne we went via the Tappen Zee bridge to avoid the traffic at the GW bridge. Would any one have those driving directions or any other directions that would by pass the GW bridge.

Thanks

The last time we drove from Boston to Bayonne we went via the Tappen Zee bridge to avoid the traffic at the GW bridge. Would any one have those driving directions or any other directions that would by pass the GW bridge.

Thanks

1. Take I-90 to the Taconic State Parkway to the exit for the Tappan Zee. However, if tolls are not a big problem,

2. Take I-90 to I-87 South. Usethe exit from I-87 to the Palisades Parkway. Then, Take the Palisades Parkway South to I-80 West. Follow signs for the New JerseyTurnpike/I-95 South. Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne). Take the turnpike south to Exit 14A - Bayonne. Follow directions above from Exit 14A.

Thiw way you don;t cross the hudson twice.

Palisades Parkway doesn't have a Rte. 80 West Exit.

You must stay to the left after passing the last exit before toll (just after the gas station, get all the way over to your left)

-- Follow around the ramp, turn left at the light and stay in your right lane. The turn for 80 West comes up right after the diner and the Rte. 4 west signs,

Then continue as the previous poster indicated (exit for Palisades Parkway is Exit 13 South)

As long as its not the Thursday before a holiday weekend, you'll be fine. Realize that there is traffic on the Palisades on weekday mornings. Depends what time you're going. It really should be fine.

What time are you leaving Boston? Which cruise are you going on?

1. Take I-90 to the Taconic State Parkway to the exit for the Tappan Zee.

Somewhat more direct route, but with more directions:

- I-90 (Mass Pike) W to I-84 W

- I-84 W to New York State, then I-684 S

- I-684 S to Saw Mill River Parkway

Take exit for Tappan Zee Bridge (I-287/I-87)

One note - I-84 can clog up with rush hour traffic between Hartford and the New York state line - if that's a concern, use I-90 instead.

--David

We are leaving 0n 5/22/08 9-day on the explorer. Yes it will be before the Memorial day weekend. So you say we will be in traffic trouble.

We plan on departing the Boston area around 6:30 am. It took us about little more than 4 hours the last time we went.

We went from Boston to the N.Y. pier last Memorial Day weekend in about four hours with 2 rest stop breaks. It was gridlock about the last ten miles or so (no problem). We got directions from Mapquest and AAA. Have a great cruise. What is the cost to park at Bayonne? An arm or an arm and a leg or a h^%%$$ of a lot more at the N.Y. pier.

One note - I-84 can clog up with rush hour traffic between Hartford and the New York state line - if that's a concern, use I-90 instead.

--David

Hi David

Thanks for the directions, one question what route do I take after I cross the Tappen Zee bridge.

Hi David

Thanks for the directions, one question what route do I take after I cross the Tappen Zee bridge.

Here what I have put together tell me if this is correct:

take exit 13 south to the Palisades parkway. Follow signs for the New JerseyTurnpike/I-95 South. Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne). Take the turnpike south to Exit 14A - Bayonne. Follow directions above from Exit 14A.

Here what I have put together tell me if this is correct:

take exit 13 south to the Palisades parkway. Follow signs for the New JerseyTurnpike/I-95 South. Continue to Exit 14A (Bayonne). Take the turnpike south to Exit 14A - Bayonne. Follow directions above from Exit 14A.

You won't see signs for the NJ TPKE until you are off the Palisades Parkway- Take it to the end---

You must stay to the left after passing the last exit before toll (just after the gas station, get all the way over to your left)

-- Follow around the ramp, turn left at the light and stay in your right lane. The turn for 80 West comes up right after the diner and the Rte. 4 west signs,

Archived