Cruise to Alaska - Ship Related!

AuntieBarb

I even noticed a difference between our sailings on 5/20/07 and 6/6/04. I had this site bookmarked from last year that gives you the sunrise/sunset times for Alaska. http://www.sunrisesunset.com/usa/Alaska.asp

Yes, I happened upon that last night (or early this morning LOL), after I posted. It leads me to believe we'll have roughly 15 hours daylight during our scheduled time in port with sunset not being until around 8:30/9:00 PM, so I guess what was being suggested is by the time we actually leave some areas it'll be too dark to see some notable points of interest?

8/9/2009:

Twi A: light

Twi N: 2:45am

Twi: 4:10am

Sunrise: 5:03am

Sunset: 9:10pm

Twi: 10:03pm

Twi N: 11:28pm

Twi A: light

Moonrise: 9:14pm

Moonset: 10:00am

It looks like the sunset will probably be about an hour earlier than it was when we were there in June. The shots of Davidson Glacier and Eldred were shot right at sunset, so you probably will miss those. I don't know if you'd be able to see them on the way into Skagway if you were up early, but that might be an option.

You might want to get one of the really detailed Alaska maps or tour guides so that you know what sites you'll be sailing by. That's one thing I didn't do and wished I had done.

Archived