cheap fins and mask

Lancaster

don't want to sound like a tight wad but what do you think about the ones that they have a Walmart in the swimming stuff isle? I won't be using them but for this one trip. I don't want to invest in a really good pair. What's your opinion? thanks everyone Lancaster

The first time we snorkeled in Mexico we used the cheap stuff they gave us. Never again. I invested in a dry snorkel which is head and shoulder above the cheap ones at Walmart. I bought them on ebay, they were brand new and less than $20.00 each. It has been so worth it. We've taken them to Hawaii and the Caribbean and soon to Mexico. I also have bought our own mask but not fins.

You get what you pay for and it really is that simple. You will enjoy your snorkel time much more if you have good equipment that fits you right, doesn't leak, works well for you, etc. If you truly never snorkel again, then go for it, but if you think you may keep it up, I would spend the money.

Check out the masks at local sporting goods stores. They should have dry snorkels and you can try on the masks and make sure they fit. I wouldn't buy fins - just about anyplace you want to snorkel will have fins that you can rent pretty cheap and they should have all sizes. They are a pain to pack! I hope this helps!

I am a member of Costco and I found a great set of fins, snorkle, mask and a nice bag to hold it all for about $35. They came in two colors and several sizes to fit men or women. You might be able to find something if you go to the Costco Sam's Club or BJ's in your area.

Oh pooh.............I go cheap......I am purchasing for 5 people.....I buy Wal Mart:D My grandkids are cruising with us this trip.........they are growing kids.........I cannot afford 3 sets of fins/masks/snorkles that are only going to be used one season. Then they out grown them.........

Sorry folks.....I travel on a budget:eek:

Our local (Central PA) Sam's Club has BodyGlove adult mask/snorkel/fin sets for about $35 and personal flotation vests for about $40. Children's sizes cost less. Later they will all probably be reduced, if you're cruising in the fall.

Archived