Oceana - 4 berth cabins

Aleka12345

Hi

I am in the process of booking a cruise for my family - 4 of us and it looks like we are going to have to book a balcony room. Has anyone stayed in this type of cabin with 4 people? and how did you find it? (Oceana - Med cruise)

Thanks

Bex

Hi

I am in the process of booking a cruise for my family - 4 of us and it looks like we are going to have to book a balcony room. Has anyone stayed in this type of cabin with 4 people? and how did you find it? (Oceana - Med cruise)

Thanks

Bex

Hi Bex,

We are booked into one for a cruise to Norway this summer and I am beginning to get worried having seen the size of the cabin and also having read reports about the cabin size over on the Princess boards.

I have even asked my cruise agent to try and get us an upgrade to a higher grade cabin so we get something larger - however I fear that may mean a mini suite and I am not sure we will be able to afford it - even if one becomes available on the popular busy ship during the school summer holidays.

Feebee_71 :(

Hi Feebee

Good luck with the upgrade but if you can, let me know how you get on when you come back. I am sure it won't ruin your holiday because everyone I speak to tells me that you don't spend much time inside your cabin anyway....... have a good trip.

Bex

Bex,

I have done 3 previous cruises on Oceana and really enjoy her as a ship. We only booked these cabins as we are going to Norway and want the option of sitting on the balcony in the morning watching as we sail up the Fjords.

I don't think we will be successful with an upgrade but we will make the most of the cabin. Thankfully I am sharing with 3 girls who are all quite small so it won't be too bad - I am more worried about where we will put the empty suitcases.

Feebee_71 :)

Bex,

I have done 3 previous cruises on Oceana and really enjoy her as a ship. We only booked these cabins as we are going to Norway and want the option of sitting on the balcony in the morning watching as we sail up the Fjords.

I don't think we will be successful with an upgrade but we will make the most of the cabin. Thankfully I am sharing with 3 girls who are all quite small so it won't be too bad - I am more worried about where we will put the empty suitcases.

Feebee_71 :)

Hi F

Just ask you cabin steward and he will look after them for you.

How are you keeping pet?

Love Dai

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi F

Just ask you cabin steward and he will look after them for you.

How are you keeping pet?

Love Dai

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi Dai,

Not keeping too bad thanks, and yourselves?

One cruise done for this year already and the next one is in a couple of weeks time!!

I could get used to this life - if only someone would bankroll it :p

Feebee_71

• 1 month later...
Hi

Thanks

Bex

Hi Bex

We did the Sea Princess around the Caribbean few years back in a 4 berth balcony. As it’s the sister ship to Oceana it’s identical.

Small – you ain’t kidding, these ships were originally designed for 7 day cruises around the Caribbean for the American market. You’ll be looking at a two up / two down. Your cases will fit under the two lower beds unless they are unusually large and you should have enough storage space for clothes etc. If your party consists of 4 adults then it will be a squeeze and fun will be had choosing who gets to sleep up top. 2 adults & 2 children will just manage. Time management will be the order of the day, use the balcony while others use the cabin. At the end of the day, the cabins are the same size as the 2 berths but you’ll end up paying a lot less pp than anyone else and still enjoy the same service/facilities.

If you can upgrade to a BC or above you’ll “feel” the difference, but the extra 2 berth is a sofa bed and not really suitable for adults.

Worry not about the cabin, just go to enjoy the ship!

Best

Hi

Thanks

Bex

The maths on this are roughly £3000 per adult with 20% off each child I think for the O/S balcony 4 berth so the kids could have an inside cabin on their own for around half of what it is costing now and you would have plenty of room. Just a thought, probably too late now anyway

We hit lucky in may as we were due to share a 4 berth outside cabin we got th option to take a further cabin for £200. As we had only paid £2600 to start with for a two week med cruise we snapped up the offer. The Oceana is still a fantastic ship so have a wonderful time.

Archived