Any bad cabins on the Grand?

honeymoon06

We're going to book a week's cruise on the Grand princess next year. We're on tight tight budgets this time so we will have to take the cheapest inside cabin they have! I'm guessing this will be the cabins on the plaza deck?

I see that the princess theatre is directly above these cabins. Has anyone stayed in these and how much of a problem was the noise?

Also will being so low in the ship cause any problems with engine noise or ship movement?

We're previously been on the Coral and had a balcony room on baja deck. This year we had an inside cabin on the Emerald on the Aloha deck so we're not sure what it will be like lower down.

Thanks for any advice and info.

We were in an outside on the Plaza deck, and I don't remember hearing any noise. The only time I ever heard noise in my cabin (other than normal hallway noise) was on the Crown Princess in an Obt OV. Our cabin was by the stairs, behind the elevators and we heard music from Crooners bar on occassion but it stopped by midnight:eek:

As for noise the general rule is as midship and as low as possible for less movement.

Have a great cruise, the Grand was our 1st ship and she is lovely.

Since the Plaza deck is one of the lowest decks for passenger access you should be fine as far as movement goes. The higher the deck, the more you feel the movement in rough seas. I read a review recently where the seas were so rough people actually took their pillows and blankets to the atrium on Plaza deck to sleep!

Archived