Naples tour without Pompeii

We've been to Pompeii and our next cruise stops in Naples again. Is there enough to spend the day in the small towns of the Amalfi or does anyone have suggestions of touring Amalfi + a substitute ??? for Pompeii....thanks...............Marty

As you said you could just tour the small towns (Ravello, Amalfi, Positano) which is a full day in itself.

Also there is another ruin nearby - Herculeneum (sp?) but this might be same ole same ole after being at Pompeii.....

in a few hours from a cruise ship:

the national museum in napoli

the veiled christ

herculaneum

pizza

if you have more time:

pompeii again

sorrento and the amalfi coast

paestum (awesome greek ruins)

We spent the entire day doing the Amalfi coast all the way to Ravello (which included a fantastic lunch in a family owned restorante atop a cliff overlooking the Med., all the food was home grown & vino homemade).

CIAO,

We've been to Pompeii and our next cruise stops in Naples again. Is there enough to spend the day in the small towns of the Amalfi or does anyone have suggestions of touring Amalfi + a substitute ??? for Pompeii....thanks...............Marty

Marty,

We've hired a driver for the day to take us along the Amalfi Coast and to some ruins as we have seen Pompeii already. I contacted Marcello Maresca, but he was already booked for our date, but he set us up with another driver. If you've ever looked at MVPBoynton's website, all of the information on Marcello is there. I think you can google "the Priesmans" to get to the website. It might be spelled Preisman, not sure. After looking at their website I was sold, even if I had to use another driver. We will be there in mid-May aboard the Zuiderdam.

Hope this helps, Janelle

Don't miss the Amalfi Coast. Even doing a Celebrity bus tour was fun. We also went to a rest. overlooking the sea. It was lovely. Of course they took us to a cameo factory that I was not interested in. The bus can't go down the small streets to the sea. Next year, we are thinking of taking a hydrofoil up the coast and winging it. I heard there is a ferry back right near the piers.We want to just hang around and soak up the atmosphere, etc.

Bon Voyage

Archived