New Spa Question- Please Help!

Hello,

I'm hoping someone out there can answer two questions I have about the spa that I haven't been able to find answers to. I'm trying to surprise my parents with a "Thank You" gift by booking spa services for them when we cruise in June.

First, I know that pre-booking isn't possible so when I head to the spa on Day 1 to make a reservation for them, do I have to know what service I'm booking it for, or can I simply just reserve the time slot and let them choose what they want when they get there?

And second, I'm going to buy the gift certificates through RCL's site and give it to them before we cruise. Now, I know I have to redeem the certificates 10 days before we go. These redemption will automatically be applied to their onboard credit, right? And then when they go to the spa, the charges will be taken off the credit, correct?

Thanks so much for any help you guys might have.

Caramel1398

Oops! One other thing- as far as tipping in the spa, should that be done in cash or does that come out of the onboard credit as well?

Thanks!

Caramel1398

Can tip via your sea pass card.

To the best of my knowledge you have to book a specific treatment. They have different people doing different things so basically you are reserving that person instead of the time slot. Also I think it is a questrion of being in the right room. Hope this helps.

You have enough time - perhaps you could just happen to mention in conversation that you are going to go to the spa and can't decide which treatment to get - ask what they think. You might get a feel for their preferences. Good luck and happy cruising!!

To the best of my knowledge you have to book a specific treatment. They have different people doing different things so basically you are reserving that person instead of the time slot. Also I think it is a question of being in the right room. Hope this helps.

You have enough time - perhaps you could just happen to mention in conversation that you are going to go to the spa and can't decide which treatment to get - ask what they think. You might get a feel for their preferences. Good luck and happy cruising!!

We booked our spa treatments as soon as we boarded the ship. Of course there was a line, but there were plenty of spa personnel talking to people in the line and describing the different treatments available. They even had some of the hot stones on hand to let people see how it may feel. You do definitely have to book a specific treatment.

Archived