MIRACLE - Coming into NY Late Today 4.17.08?

H82seaUgo

Is the miracle going to Bermuda tonight? If so it is going to be a very ruff ride. :( Seas south of LI right now at 15 feet every 10 seconds. Should run into 15 to 20 foot seas as the ship gets closer to the large ocean storm that is out there. (sometimes it is bad to be a weather guy...too much information available)

LOL and the miracle doesn't do well in bad seas. We do, we love it. But for those who get seasick, it's going to be a horrible night.

I think the Spirit class ships do better than average in rough seas,,,Narrower and able to cut through the waves .

WE went through a tropical depression coming back from Belize, last year on the Legend (sister ship)..Winds were gusting to 56 knots and the ship did a wonderful job sailing through the rough seas and and swells. Granted we were heading north and the wind was coming from the north. I imagine if the wind was blowing from the port or starboard side it would have been more rocky.

Out first cruise was on the Legend and I thought the ship rocked and rolled a lot! However, I think it was good in a way because then I knew what to maybe expect on all upcoming cruises! I hope it is not too bad for those sailing tonight.

We were coming back from the Caribbean on Miracle last May and we had very rough seas. We marveled that the water glasses in the dining room remained completely smooth. I call that great stabilizers and we think the Miracle handled rough seas better than any ship we have sailed (22 cruises). Going on the Miracle again in 7 weeks.

Archived