My Time Dining experience on the Freedom - also random ramblings...

Just off the Eastern sea cruise, and we elected to go MyTime (we are never on time, and this gave us flexibility we need).

On the positive, it was simple to get in at any time (we always made reservations a day ahead). Food was I am sure the same as regular - which was what you would expect. We tried to get Bearnaise and shrimp cocktails each night - and got it 2 and 3 evenings respectively... They were typically able to do custom requests.

On the positive, the head waiter seemed very good, he remembered details and tried to accommodate.

On the negative, as a table of 7, the seating arrangements on deck 5 aren't ideal. As we were told, most of the good seats (for 7 - which is more limited) go earlier. Two nights we got what I would consider decent tables, the remaining we near serving areas, or right as you enter (again not ideal for me).

On the negative, it seemed all our meals took forever to get through - even when we explained we were in a hurry for a show. I think the waiters were overworked, or it was also coinciding with regular diners having orders made...

Details like cocktails took time (they said there are only 5 waiters for all the dining rooms???), and we were always waiting on coffee...

The last negative is it always seemed like we were just missing formal pictures - when you eat at 7 - 7.30, you miss the early, and the late seating dining, and hence the picture takers. This wasn't that big a deal - you just need to be aware where and when pictures are taken...

Overall, our family are forced into it due to the dining times, so if we sail RCL again, we will again choose it - I think next time I would spend more time *early* in the day explaining what we are looking for with the head waiter...

The fruit "soups" were great, and the kids loved em, our DS decided he likes Caesar better than house dressing (they had good ceasar, and even better in the Porto/Chops restaurants).

There was a "fillet" one day that seemed suspiciously more like eye of round - but still an OK cut... The snails were a nice touch. The lobster was disappointing.

Just my general ramblings on our My Time dining...

Archived