Transportation between FLL Airport and the Port Everglades

sittin on deck

I live in Orlando and just got a great deal to fly to Ft Lauderdale--$46.00 for 2 on Spirit Airlines. Now I am looking for the cheapest (yet reliable) way to Port Everglades. Princess Cruise Lines wanted to charge $40.00 per person and that would have ended costing more than driving. Sometimes when you arrange transportation in advance it is cheaper than a taxi. That is what I am looking for. Any ideas?

Signman is absolutely correct. Taxis are metered and run about $10. The shared ride runs about $9.00 PER PERSON. Also consider the timing between when you can get on the ship and when your flight arrives. There is very little to do at the port so it is usually best to go there when the cruise company has indicated. After the cruise, what time of day does your flight leave? If it is 6 hours after you get off the ship, what will you do for those 6 hours?

ok call me crazy but i just dont get it why would you fly from orlando to ftlauderdale its only 3 hr drive the time you take to go thru sercurity and the flight and then get your bags i bet you could of drove there and back .. lol sorry im not a plane person i dont fly if i cant drive im not going lol i dont want to be with 200 people i dont know when i die lol

i love this site the people are so nice here

have a great day

steve i cant wait to be living back in fortlauderdale

Because it is cheaper to fly. The quick math-- $42.00 for 2 people and round trip taxi $30.00 (fare and tip per above) that's $72.00. A friend will take me to the airport.

If I drive that is 2 tanks of gas at $3.45 a gallon -about $72 for my Corolla. Then parking is $15.00 per day. That's an additional $60.00. The wear and tear on the vehicle-unknown. That's $132.00

The time if I drive or fly should be about the same, but on the return I won't have to drive while I've got the post-cruise blues.

ok you got me there lol sorry wasnt meaning to offend you at all , i was just giving you a hard time and plus the fact that i dont fly lol i keep my little feet on the ground lol and i love to drive if i was your neighbor i would drive you down to the port just to be able to see you get on the ship lol i know im crazy like that maybe im not playing with a full deck lol i think thats what my x wife said before our divorce lol

good luck and let us know how your cruise goes

steve :)

steveomaha

I'm sorry if I came on a little strong. The math got me a little excited. I never thought that just the gas to drive to FLL would be more expensive than flying.

I was planning to drive as I always have. I don't get to travel very often and I don't mind flying. So I thought flying would make the trip special.

Now I need to worry about the airline as Spirit doesn't have a great reputation with flyers and is famous for having delayed flights.

Archived