Help - Sun & Mexico Sea of Cortez - would you???

Not sure what itinerary you're talking about or what the sea conditions might be. We were in an inside on Deck 8, waaaay forward going down the Pacific Coast in 2005. I must say it was the "rockiest ride" we've ever had. You could actually observe the motion in a glass of beverage sitting on the nite table. I imagine this would be even more pronounced higher up. If motion bothers you I really recommend staying more mid-ship. Also, being far front or aft makes for long walks up and down the decks as you try to get around.

Happy Sails,

Annette

P.S. That's the Sun over my shoulder in my avatar!

Hi Sharon,

It was a toss-up for us. We would love to be on the Sun in a forward BA mini suite (and, in fact, had one booked for this October). We had a forward PH on the Pearl and while it was a little rocky, the views and the huge balcony more than made up for it. If you're lucky enough to be adjacent to some PHs, then you get the larger balcony! As for the Mexican Riviera and Sea of Cortez, we're doing the MR on the Star this fall (instead of the Sun) but many of the ports on the latest itinerary are unique to these sailings. Copper Canyon RR is one of the shore excursions!

However, we decided on one the Star's Panama Canal cruises. Seeing the PC has been one of our dreams for a long time. Again the intineraries are unique and not what NCL normally offers. Plus we are trying to get our cruising friends to join us (and they would only have a one way fare since they live close to Miami).

I think you'll be impressed with the Sun. From what I've heard and read, it's a great ship. I'm sure cruise_more_often will join in on this thread since they have booked one of the Sea of Cortez cruises on the Sun.

not BA which is top level of balcony.

Hi Sharon,

It was a toss-up for us. We would love to be on the Sun in a forward BA mini suite (and, in fact, had one booked for this October). We had a forward PH on the Pearl and while it was a little rocky, the views and the huge balcony more than made up for it. If you're lucky enough to be adjacent to some PHs, then you get the larger balcony! As for the Mexican Riviera and Sea of Cortez, we're doing the MR on the Star this fall (instead of the Sun) but many of the ports on the latest itinerary are unique to these sailings. Copper Canyon RR is one of the shore excursions!

However, we decided on one the Star's Panama Canal cruises. Seeing the PC has been one of our dreams for a long time. Again the intineraries are unique and not what NCL normally offers. Plus we are trying to get our cruising friends to join us (and they would only have a one way fare since they live close to Miami).

I think you'll be impressed with the Sun. From what I've heard and read, it's a great ship. I'm sure cruise_more_often will join in on this thread since they have booked one of the Sea of Cortez cruises on the Sun.

Sharon, we're already booked in one of the mini-suites up on the pool deck for the 10/23/09 Sea of Cortez cruise. We were so excited to hear about this sailing, because NCL has never done anything like it. HAL has been doing this itinerary for years, and if you go to the HAL board and search for "Sea of Cortez," you'll find tons of information. I think the most exciting thing about the cruise is the opportunity to do the Copper Canyon Train excursion.

We've been in the front of the Sun for a northbound Pacific Coast cruise, and it was a little bumpy off the Central California coast (this was in May). We've also been in a forward cabin on the Star for the Mexican Riviera cruise, and the ocean was very calm. My favorite locations are all the way forward and aft, but this time forward won out!

You'd better book one of those BAs, because they're prime real estate!

Hi, Mary (OceanDreaming2)! You know me quite well!

Sharon, we're already booked in one of the mini-suites up on the pool deck for the 10/23/09 Sea of Cortez cruise. We were so excited to hear about this sailing, because NCL has never done anything like it. HAL has been doing this itinerary for years, and if you go to the HAL board and search for "Sea of Cortez," you'll find tons of information. I think the most exciting thing about the cruise is the opportunity to do the Copper Canyon Train excursion.

We've been in the front of the Sun for a northbound Pacific Coast cruise, and it was a little bumpy off the Central California coast (this was in May). We've also been in a forward cabin on the Star for the Mexican Riviera cruise, and the ocean was very calm. My favorite locations are all the way forward and aft, but this time forward won out!

You'd better book one of those BAs, because they're prime real estate!

Hi, Mary (OceanDreaming2)! You know me quite well!

Thanks Cruise_More_Often, looks like we are going to be neighbors!!!

I appreciate your input. I think I''l go for it. If I book one of the front BA's I can always change it later to a midship. What scares me is it really is high up to be on the front.

This itinerary was a toss-up for me, but we went for Alaska in 2009. However, we did book a FWD BA and I'm so looking forward to it!

Enjoy your cruise and your decision. You only live once!

Wow,

i just checked out the itinery. that looks like an awesome cruise. I have been on 12 cruises and i am always looking for somewhere different to go to. I an jealous, i will be sending the itinery to the old man

minimom :) :) :)

Try this link - it should take you directly to the NCL web page with the itinerary and pricing:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruisesearch/cruisesearch.html;jsessionid=LJdLFz4CzQRLP2TTPL8w6NNBpqL1DD9w!2046328841

Hope this helps

I am contacting my TA to get her to look into booking this cruise for me - only thing in doubt is which sailing.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Cruise_More_Often' date=' looks like we are going to be neighbors!!![/quote']Oh boy, Sharon, new friends! I haven't checked the Meet & Greet thread this afternoon, but if you haven't already found it, it's been pretty close to the top of the Sun's threads. We had the same thought as you about the weather in late October. Plus, we get Halloween on the ship.

The higher, the better for us. It feels like you're on the top of the world! :D

Mary, you're so right. Cabins on the Sun are much bigger. The AE mini-suites on the Sun are the equivalent or even better than the AE Penthouse Suites on the Star/Jewel-class ships. The bathrooms are HUGE. OMG, I'm already so excited, and we have 18 months to go.

Adele

Oh boy, Sharon, new friends! I haven't checked the Meet & Greet thread this afternoon, but if you haven't already found it, it's been pretty close to the top of the Sun's threads. We had the same thought as you about the weather in late October. Plus, we get Halloween on the ship.

The higher, the better for us. It feels like you're on the top of the world! :D

Mary, you're so right. Cabins on the Sun are much bigger. The AE mini-suites on the Sun are the equivalent or even better than the AE Penthouse Suites on the Star/Jewel-class ships. The bathrooms are HUGE. OMG, I'm already so excited, and we have 18 months to go.

Adele

Thanks Adele, I just joined the roll call. I didn't even think about Halloween! :eek:

Archived