Partner Fares??

Retired 07

Can someone please explain to me what partner fares are?--I found a great fare from FLL to LAX on American A/L--then I see that the EXACT same flight is offered on Alaska A/L for $10 more as a partner fare. I've always had great luck with Alaska Air, but whose plane would I be flying on, and out of whose terminal?

Thanks in advance!

You are seeing a code-share. I'm guessing the LAX-FLL flight is operated by AA which means you'll be flying on an AA plane. Usually there is something along the lines of "operated by xxxxxxxx" located in the itinerary on these types of routings.

Can someone please explain to me what partner fares are?--I found a great fare from FLL to LAX on American A/L--then I see that the EXACT same flight is offered on Alaska A/L for $10 more as a partner fare. I've always had great luck with Alaska Air, but whose plane would I be flying on, and out of whose terminal?

Thanks in advance!

You have to look up the flight and see if it is AA or Alaska. It will generally say something like AA operated by Alaska or vice versa. FLL to LAX nonstop-it is an AA flight on a 757. For a better flight experience and $10.00 cheaper than out of FLL, AA flies 767 out of MIA on most nonstops to LAX. Larger, generally newer plane, better seating. The two flights out of MIA before noon on Alaska are also flown by AA on 767.

You have to look up the flight and see if it is AA or Alaska. It will generally say something like AA operated by Alaska or vice versa. FLL to LAX nonstop-it is an AA flight on a 757. For a better flight experience and $10.00 cheaper than out of FLL, AA flies 767 out of MIA on most nonstops to LAX. Larger, generally newer plane, better seating. The two flights out of MIA before noon on Alaska are also flown by AA on 767.

Thanks for the info--I never even gave a thought to flying out of Miami--How do you get fron FLL to MIA?--How far is it? How long does it take?

Also, if I looked it up right, the flight out of Mia is $40 p/p higher that out of FLL--($99 vs $139)--How much more comfortable is the plane?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info--I never even gave a thought to flying out of Miami--How do you get fron FLL to MIA?--How far is it? How long does it take?

Also, if I looked it up right, the flight out of Mia is $40 p/p higher that out of FLL--($99 vs $139)--How much more comfortable is the plane?

Thanks again!

Don't know your dates so can't advise you on price. You won't save any money total price flying out of MIA. In fact, it will cost you more total due to the transfer to MIA. There are a variety of ways to get to MIA. The East Coast departure board-Florida-has lists of all the ways to get to MIA.

If you really do some research, the 767 flight out of MIA MAY be a 762 sold as a two class plane. Doesn't happen on many 762 flights, but there are a few on the schedule. There is typically first, business and coach on the 762. When AA uses their 762 as two class planes, coach passengers can pick the business class seats. First choice obviously goes to AA's elite FF, but after that, any of the business class seats can be picked. Or pick coach rows 17-22 on the 762. It can be noisy, due to the galley. But it is some of the best seating in coach on the 762. VERY private-almost like your own private cabin. Those rows are only 2 across on each side with the galley in the middle.

I fly almost exclusively AA/OneWorld. And the two planes I really hate are the 757 and 737. My roller bag won't fit in the overhead of either plane. I prefer the MD-80's with two seats on one side of the plane and three on the other. But for long haul flights, I fly the 762's. MUCH larger plane.

Archived