Luggage Transfer from Airport to Cuise Ship

sallycruiser

I am using Carnival air and transfer in Port Canaveral. Does anyone know whether Carnival pulls bags directly amd transfers to ship,or do I need to go to baggage claims and get my baggage. Should I put my cruise baggage tag on luggage before I arrive in Orlando? The tags are so flimsy I am afraid it will be torn off at the airport.

Any suggestions

Thanks,

I am using Carnival air and transfer in Port Canaveral. Does anyone know whether Carnival pulls bags directly amd transfers to ship,or do I need to go to baggage claims and get my baggage. Should I put my cruise baggage tag on luggage before I arrive in Orlando? The tags are so flimsy I am afraid it will be torn off at the airport.

Any suggestions

Thanks,

We've done the transfers before. When you get off of the plane, you go to baggage claims, grab your luggage off of the belt, then find a carnival rep holding up a sign (they won't be hard to find, I promise) you see them, show them your transfer ticket, they will take it and they tell you where to wait for your bus. When the bus gets there, you take your luggage outside, they load it in the bus for ya, and unload it for ya at the pier. Then hand it over to the porter and you're on your way. You can wait until you get your luggage out of baggage claim to put on the tags if you like, we did.:)

Yes, you do have to go get your own luggage from baggage claim. You will roll it or carry it out to a truck that the Carnival staff will be there to direct you to. The luggage is taken to the ship to go through security seperate from you. Make sure your cruise tags are on your luggage! You can laminate them or use clear packing tape to strengthen them. You will board a bus to be taken to the ship. Your luggage will be delivered to your stateroom later in the day. Make sure you keep your carry-on and valuables with you.

Have a great trip!

We've done the transfers before. When you get off of the plane, you go to baggage claims, grab your luggage off of the belt, then find a carnival rep holding up a sign (they won't be hard to find, I promise) you see them, show them your transfer ticket, they will take it and they tell you where to wait for your bus. When the bus gets there, you take your luggage outside, they load it in the bus for ya, and unload it for ya at the pier. Then hand it over to the porter and you're on your way. You can wait until you get your luggage out of baggage claim to put on the tags if you like, we did.:)

Right

Yes, you do have to go get your own luggage from baggage claim. You will roll it or carry it out to a truck that the Carnival staff will be there to direct you to. The luggage is taken to the ship to go through security seperate from you. Make sure your cruise tags are on your luggage! You can laminate them or use clear packing tape to strengthen them. You will board a bus to be taken to the ship. Your luggage will be delivered to your stateroom later in the day. Make sure you keep your carry-on and valuables with you.

Have a great trip!

Wrong

Where are the transfer tickets? Are they included in the documents? Please let me know I'm cruising on Sunday and that is the first I heard of this. I thought the luggage tags would be enough for them to know we have transfers. Thanks

Where are the transfer tickets? Are they included in the documents? Please let me know I'm cruising on Sunday and that is the first I heard of this. I thought the luggage tags would be enough for them to know we have transfers. Thanks

They are in your edocs I believe.

Everyone would have luggage tags, so that wouldnt differentiate you in any way.

Have a great cruise this weekend.

Yes, if you got the blue booklet it is a page in there, if you are going e-docs, it is in there.

I haven't used transfers in awhile, but I though I read when e-docs were first coming out that they were doing away with the transfer tickets and it would just say in your docs that transfers were purchased.

I could be wrong, it's rare but it does happen. ;)

I have never used e docs but have received docs by mail and the transfer is in the book.

I have always had to get the luggage and the luggage does on the bus under you, have never heard of a truck taking the bags. The truck methods seems to be a way to get a bag on the ship without a passenger which is not good.

Back in the old day, you brought your bags to the airport and never saw them until you were on the ship and this was the same if you went down a day early, worked out great.

Archived