Dress for embarkation?

kmch

I'm assuming that most people are very casually dressed for embarkation after traveling to get to the ship, i.e., jeans and shorts. Please tell me we won't look like slobs if that's how we're dressed to board.....

From what I've seen, everyone is casual when they embark (ourselves included). After a long day of travel, the last thing I want to worry about is how I'm dressed when embarking. Just keep in mind that you may not receive your luggage until AFTER dinner. The "resort casual" rule is usually suspended for the first night. But, if it does bother you somewhat, pack a pair of slacks and a blouse (or dockers and a golf shirt for the gentlemen) just in case.

They will also be taking your embarkation picture, if that matters to you. They put them up for public view and purchase later. I've always tried to avoid this (camera shy) but have never been successful.

They will also be taking your embarkation picture, if that matters to you. They put them up for public view and purchase later. I've always tried to avoid this (camera shy) but have never been successful.

I now say "no thanks" and I keep on moving:)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE believe me. If you show up in jeans or shorts, you will fit right in with every one. I can not imagine traveling on a flight to get to the port city then getting to the pier, etc.. getting on board and not being comfortable. Trust me.. I have seen people wearing clothes I wouldn't wear to a beach. You will be totally fine in jeans or shorts, etc.

Here's what I do for what it's worth.

Depending on the time of year I travel, I just layer clothes. If I'm leaving home in January I wear a decent pair of lightweight pants; cotton or khacki, short sleeved top with a sweatshirt over it and maybe even a jacket. If the weather is warm, you can just ditch the sweatshirt and or jacket accordingly. And if warm, I might wear capri's instead of the pants. I don't wear jeans simply because they are too hot. And I don't wear shorts cause I'm too old to wear them anywhere but on the beach or wherever. If I want to look 1/2 way decent, no shorts for me.

So, when I board, I look okay for the pictures if I end up wanting to buy them, but I'm not hot and uncomfortable either.

If you do wear shorts and jeans, that's just fine. It's really up to you. You won't look like a slob and will fit right in.

Archived