Distance from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami

smjanni

Does anyone know distance between the Ft. Lauderdale airport and Miami cruise terminal? Is there transportation easily available between the two or does one have to rent a car? Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the info Sue. Does this shuttle only go straight to the port? We would probably fly in a day early so would need to go to a hotel. And would the shuttles be stationed at the cruise terminal at the end of our cruise to return us to the airport? Thanks.

there is a no reservation shuttle right outside of the luggage claim in FLL. Just go to the ask and sign up 18$pp very easy. It is about a 35-40 minute ride.

I should have posted this question! Instead I am paying Carnival $ 40 to pick us up and shutlle us to Miami, Live and Learn!

Thanks for the info Sue. Does this shuttle only go straight to the port? We would probably fly in a day early so would need to go to a hotel. And would the shuttles be stationed at the cruise terminal at the end of our cruise to return us to the airport? Thanks.

They will take you to your hotel just tell them your location. Unfortunately they are not allowed on port property to pick up on the way back so we took a taxi which we shared with another couple for 35$ each couple. Worked out great. The taxis were lined up in front of the terminal with no problem.

Thanks Sue. One last question. Do you think a 1:50 flight is too early to book? I'd hate to miss the plane and I am trying to make my flight reservations now. Southwest is having a sale on fall fares that isn't to be missed. 15% off on ding fares so I have to hurry and make all my plans by midnight.

Thanks Sue. One last question. Do you think a 1:50 flight is too early to book? I'd hate to miss the plane and I am trying to make my flight reservations now. Southwest is having a sale on fall fares that isn't to be missed. 15% off on ding fares so I have to hurry and make all my plans by midnight.

1:50 is more then enough time. I have made 11 am flights out of fll when docking in Miami. Grab it.

Archived