Are deluxe suites on HAL comparable to Cunard nonsuites?

PoseidonGodoftheSea

Sorry if this is long.

Next spring I am planning a very special 40th birthday cruise, solo. Due to working FT and attending college FT I can't be gone long and a QM2 crossing would fit the bill. I also prefer to travel during shoulder seasons when there are fewer children and better air prices. I'm strongly considering a 7 day deluxe suite on HAL to Alaska on the Amsterdam, I've sailed HAL twice already and being in Seattle I wouldn't need to fly. But I don't really care where I go, what I do care about is being pampered with all the little extras not available at the nonsuite level. But we're also talking a $6,000 price tag. So I'm thinking that even with airfare and a prepackage in London, I might get more bang for my buck on QM2. However, the grills are way way out of my league. At most I could do a balcony or maybe Brittania Club although I know little about it, not even sure I'm calling it by the right name.

So my question is would a nonsuite on Cunard be comparable to a suite on HAL in terms of luxury and amenities?

By the way, the only thing I seek out when sailing is peace n quiet and access to a half way decent spa. Which is why I favor HAL. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sorry if this is long.

Next spring I am planning a very special 40th birthday cruise, solo. Due to working FT and attending college FT I can't be gone long and a QM2 crossing would fit the bill. I also prefer to travel during shoulder seasons when there are fewer children and better air prices. I'm strongly considering a 7 day deluxe suite on HAL to Alaska on the Amsterdam, I've sailed HAL twice already and being in Seattle I wouldn't need to fly. But I don't really care where I go, what I do care about is being pampered with all the little extras not available at the nonsuite level. But we're also talking a $6,000 price tag. So I'm thinking that even with airfare and a prepackage in London, I might get more bang for my buck on QM2. However, the grills are way way out of my league. At most I could do a balcony or maybe Brittania Club although I know little about it, not even sure I'm calling it by the right name.

So my question is would a nonsuite on Cunard be comparable to a suite on HAL in terms of luxury and amenities?

By the way, the only thing I seek out when sailing is peace n quiet and access to a half way decent spa. Which is why I favor HAL. Thanks in advance for the advice.

I have been in suites on the HAL ships and always book Queens Grill on the QM2 and, in terms of the suite itself, I believe you need to book a Grill level accomodation to be even close to a HAL suite. Even the standard Queens Grill cabin is smaller than the HAL suites I have sailed in. Also on HAL I believe you get free laundry and dry cleaning (at least that was the case the last time I took a HAL cruise) not so on Cunard. While the Cunard Grill accomodations may be smaller than a HAL suite I found the QM2 cabins to be more luxurious with walk in closets and generally nicer fittings. The bathroom on the QM2 Queens Grill cabin is much finer than the HAL suite bathroom I had. The HAL balcony on the suite is much larger both in width and in depth.

Now I cannot talk to the non Queens Grill cabin on the QM2 as I have never sailed in one but I gotta believe they are smaller than the Grill Cabins on the QM2.

I think you will find the Spa on the QM2 (operated by Canyon Ranch) to be the most luxurious spa that any ship can offer.

AA Britannia Club gets you 191 sq ft, shower no bath, and single seating dinner.

I'd also take a look at Celebrity. A Sky Suite would fit the bill... and comes with a butler.. and their spas are quite nice. You'd get 250 sqft and full bath.

Archived