AE aft vs AC bow balconies on Dawn

jdent

My sister has sailed in an AE suite and is once again in the same cabin this June on the Dawn. The balcony is enclosed with plexiglass from the deck to the railing. Is this the same in the bow AC suites. Photos seem to show that the lower portion of the wall is solid and topped with plexiglass. Can you see over the balcony if you're seated in a deck chair?

Also, when the ship is sailing, is it really windy on the forward facing balconies?

Thanks

My sister has sailed in an AE suite and is once again in the same cabin this June on the Dawn. The balcony is enclosed with plexiglass from the deck to the railing. Is this the same in the bow AC suites. Photos seem to show that the lower portion of the wall is solid and topped with plexiglass. Can you see over the balcony if you're seated in a deck chair?

Also, when the ship is sailing, is it really windy on the forward facing balconies?

Thanks

The front of the AC balcony is solid up to right below the railing. I don't remember any plexiglass. It gets windy when you are at sea, but it is by no means unusable at sea, just a little windy some days.

2647259760103364493OfKTwc_th.jpg

Thanks

No, the plexiglass is dirty. Yes, it is windy on the forward balconies.

No, the plexiglass is dirty. Yes, it is windy on the forward balconies.
Sounds like Ms. Belp has had a bad day!

Jhayman is correct. We have been in an AC on the Star, which has the identical layout as the Dawn. The front of the balcony is solid. There is no plexiglass. You can see over the railing if you are seated. We were able to use the balcony even when we were underway. We found that the wind generally blew diagonally across the deck, and if you sit close to the divider between the your cabin and the one next to it, it can be quite comfortable.

Here's a link to a photo of the AC balcony: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2543370060057127324gzeqRl

Curise More Often is correct, no "plexiglass. We had cabin 9000 on the Dawn in 2005 and loved it. We had a gathering on the deck underway and it wasn't to windy. But they (the ship) want the watertight door closed at night. You could go out on the deck at night but when you went back into cabin close the door. Safety reasons.

Thanks for sharing the photos. I'm trying to decide on the Majesty or the Dawn for a cruise to Bermuda. I know the Majesty doesn't have balconies, but it docks in St. George's. Decisions, decisions.

Thank you all, especially Cruise More Often, for the photos. What I thought was plexiglass was the open three rails above the balcony wall. I hope everyone enjoys their future cruises. We're sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda 6/15/2008

Archived