Soda/Water Luggage- Unlocked?

kmch

Should we leave the piece of luggage that has just soda & water in it unlocked so that they can see that it's not alcohol? We don't intend to carry this on. Want to avoid the hassle of being called to the 'naughty room'.

Thanks

I never lock my luggage. I figure you have to have that lock that they can get into anyway. (which anyone can get) I just either tie something around the holes in the zipper or put a large paper clip through it. Never have got questioned before.

Good Luck

Dawn

Should we leave the piece of luggage that has just soda & water in it unlocked so that they can see that it's not alcohol? We don't intend to carry this on. Want to avoid the hassle of being called to the 'naughty room'.

Thanks

No reason to leave it unlocked. They are not going to open it. It either comes direct ot your cabin or you have to come to the naugthy room to open it.

no, they have the luggage they want to check. they call you in and have YOU open the luggage, they don't open themselves. they will have you pull out the items they saw on the x-ray and anything else they see while the luggage is open.

usually, there is a long line of people (who have gotten a notice)...

the reason for the "naughty" room, is because they can't/won't open the luggage without you being there.

I am curious ......what happens in this naughty room?

How does everyone know your there do they announce it or something?:eek:

No annoucement. Very simple your bag does not show up at your cabin but a note does to claim your bag at a specific location aka Naugthy Room. Simple to point out your bag, they ask you to remove the bottles, tag it for return at the end of the cruise, and you are done. If it is wine the collect the corkage and send you on your way.

No big deal except for those that decide to pitch a fit even though they knew they were breaking the rules. Smuggle if you want. You may very well not get caught but if you do take your medicine with a smile and get on with your cruise.

Don't worry about getting called into the naughty room. Many people get called in for pop or water, so no one really knows why you're there. They'll try to tell you pop isn't allowed, but they'll let you take it anyway. Don't stress it. It's all part of the adventure, and chances are, it'll show up at your cabin without incident.

It's a personal choice, but we've read posts that warn that you should lock your luggage. When you drop it off, remember that there are alot of people around who are not employed by NCL. We use the NSF ties coming and going. Happy Sails!

Thanks

If the luggage has wheels, why not carry it on? That's one sure fire way to avoid going to the naughty room.

If the luggage has wheels, why not carry it on? That's one sure fire way to avoid going to the naughty room.

Not eactly - keep in mind like an airport all carry on is screened as well. You will avoid the Naughty Room but may have to open your bag at security before boarding.

No reason to leave it unlocked. They are not going to open it. It either comes direct ot your cabin or you have to come to the naugthy room to open it.

Correctamundo

I am curious ......what happens in this naughty room?

Dimly lit room with torches. Big harry guy with leather mask & a "cat 'o nine tails" for flogging (actually see what Bigdog49 says below)

No annoucement. Very simple your bag does not show up at your cabin but a note does to claim your bag at a specific location aka Naugthy Room. Simple to point out your bag, they ask you to remove the bottles, tag it for return at the end of the cruise, and you are done. If it is wine the collect the corkage and send you on your way.

No big deal except for those that decide to pitch a fit even though they knew they were breaking the rules. Smuggle if you want. You may very well not get caught but if you do take your medicine with a smile and get on with your cruise.

Sums up my experience (and thanks for throwing in those last few sentences)

Not eactly - keep in mind like an airport all carry on is screened as well. You will avoid the Naughty Room but may have to open your bag at security before boarding.

But if you have to open it there, you'll still have it with you, as opposed to potentially NOT getting it and having to retrieve it, later. I took a shopping bag with Cokes (6 pack) and mixers (ordered Bar Set-up)and all I had to do was open the bag. No fuss, no muss.

But if you have to open it there, you'll still have it with you, as opposed to potentially NOT getting it and having to retrieve it, later. I took a shopping bag with Cokes (6 pack) and mixers (ordered Bar Set-up)and all I had to do was open the bag. No fuss, no muss.

I agree. I always carry my soda and water on. Never had to stop. Now if what you have is not soda or water you run the same risk as those that go to the naughty room just get it over with sooner.

You are right, but on our cruise, we brought along a whole bunch of water, soda, etc. It filled an entire large suitcase. So we didn't want to drag that around with us all over the ship until our room was available. So we just put a luggage tag on it and checked it at the pier along with our other bags. Interesting enough, it arrived safe and sound at our room with no notice to come to the naughty room. I can only IMAGINE what that baggage screeen pic looked like! LOL Go figure.

You are right, but on our cruise, we brought along a whole bunch of water, soda, etc. It filled an entire large suitcase. So we didn't want to drag that around with us all over the ship until our room was available.

While some might be more comfortable with all their luggage with them (I've seen a few that won't check anything-these folks are fun in elevators and buffet lines ;) ) I agree with you! I don't bring more in my carryon than I want to carry around for possibly a couple hours.

Just boarded the Dawn today. Checked in my bags, one was filled with bottles of Propel and water. No problem, so don't worry. They are looking for alcohol and other things.

By the way, 2.0 is starting on 4/27 on the Dawn. They did it half way for our cruise so far. It may slowly change over the week.

Didn't see any changes in the rooms at all.

Dawn

Archived