Dolphin times? What is the best time to go?

tigger615

I booked our swim with the dolpins on-line with dolphindiscovery.com. I booked the 10am slot, but now I'm wondering if we will have enough time to get off the ship & get there in time? Could someone please let me know if they have booked an early time & made it there okay? Or should I change the time & make it at 11 instead?

Thank you!!!!!

When are you arriving in Cozumel? Also, do you know if you are docking or tendering? It's only about a 10 minute cab ride from the pier where we tendered into right in downtown. We passed some ships at a dock on our taxi ride to Chankanaab Park (where Dolphin Discovery is located) so it would be an even shorter ride if you dock I believe.

We were there Feb. 1. There is an hour time difference in Cozumel and the ships time. We booked the later time and got to the park early. We asked if there were any earlier openings and there were. So we did end up doing the swim early, but I booked the later time just in case.

Hi All,

Ok now I have a ?<laughing> I am doing the dolphin thing at the park, but wanted to do the submarine too......has anyone done it before and is it at the same place, also, is it worth the $. Oh, and is it in Coz. that you can get cheap messages? My dolphin time is 1:00 and trying to find something to fill the time til 5pm any suggestions grateful!!!!

Brenda

Kruzergrl Hi All,

Ok now I have a ?<laughing> I am doing the dolphin thing at the park, but wanted to do the submarine too......has anyone done it before and is it at the same place, also, is it worth the $. Oh, and is it in Coz. that you can get cheap messages? My dolphin time is 1:00 and trying to find something to fill the time til 5pm any suggestions grateful!!!!

Brenda

Hi, I don't know about the sub stuff but which dolphin thing are you doing? They are all different lengths of time. If you are swimming then you need to allow at least 2 - 3 hours because you have your orientation, the swim, then viewing your video, then going to see your pictures. That really won't leave you much time for anything after, so you make you ships departure time. My ds swam and they were behind 30 minutes to start and then it took extremely long for the pictures and video to get copied (at least 45 min.)

When are you arriving in Cozumel? Also, do you know if you are docking or tendering? It's only about a 10 minute cab ride from the pier where we tendered into right in downtown. We passed some ships at a dock on our taxi ride to Chankanaab Park (where Dolphin Discovery is located) so it would be an even shorter ride if you dock I believe.

We are going in July & arrive on a Thursday on the Carnival Inspiration. On Carnival on line it says we dock. I think I may try to change our time to be a bit later so that we don't have to rush there. Thanks for the help!!

We are going in July & arrive on a Thursday on the Carnival Inspiration. On Carnival on line it says we dock. I think I may try to change our time to be a bit later so that we don't have to rush there. Thanks for the help!!

If you are going to dock before 9 am, your 10 am time should be fine. Have a wonderful time!

Hi All,

Brenda

Chank Park doesn't have a submarine that I'm aware of. And the other poster is right. It seems as the day goes on, the dolphin programs start to run behind. If you are scheduled for 1 pm, you will be lucky to start by 1:30. By the time you get the orientation, complete the swim, view and buy your videos, you will not have any time left to do another excursion before your ship sails at 5 pm. Any other excursions you may be interested in doing should be booked before your dolphin excursion.

Our ship sailed at 5 also. Our dolphin swim was scheduled for 11 am and didn't start till almost 12:30. After the swim, we looked around the park and swam for about an hour, caught a cab back into town, shopped for about an hour and it was time to reboard the ship.

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead & changed my time to 1pm. I figure we can go early & see if there is anything open. If not, we can go to the beach & swim until our time. I would rather have time to kill then to be rushing there & miss our time.

Archived