westerdam w/ a 4 y.o.

onehotpooh

ive read alot of yalls reviews and now im a little concerned about the kids program. granted the activities sound good for her to mingle but being an only child , shes never too far from me anyways. has anyone gone this cruise recently with littler kids? did the program get more organized ( this comment is from another post that the girl was new and didnt have a clue) ? do they have the beeper system like other lines? i saw one post with the kids outline but it was for the 8y.o. + groups, any outlines for the 3-7 y.o. group?

thanks for any input,

christina

nov 30th , westerdam

I just came back from the Westerdam with our 5 yr old. Club HAL was very disorganized and the staff did not engage the kids at all. I spent some time in the Club HAL room with my daughter and the one staff person who was working with the 3-7 year olds was pretty clueless. She "thought" there was a child in the bathroom (there wasn't) but she wasn't sure which kid. Kids were going back and forth between the two rooms and other kids were playing or coloring by themselves. They were supposed to be doing alien themed activities. After a few minutes a was swarmed with kids because I was the only adult in the room who was talking with them.

There were activities listed daily but they were generally wrong or at different times or days so that was confusing as well.

I personally was very unimpressed with the Club HAL staff. They did not seem well trained and actually didn't really seem to even like kids as they would not even say hello if they saw a child out and about on the ship. The staff on the Zuiderdam was much better in my opinion.

Forgot to add, they do not have beepers.

I have the daily activities from our cruise. I an post them but it will be a few days as my hard drive died on my PC and I am on oanr until I get it back.

Archived