Sunday in San Juan

familyplus2

Looking for a little help. We will be arriving in San Juan about 3pm on a Sunday. I know that the fort closes at 6pm so we are hoping to run down there for the kids to get a quick tour before it closes. But then what? Will the little shops around the pier and in Old San Juan still be open on Sunday evenings? What can you suggest for a family of 7 all different ages?

You will need to run UP to the fort(s) :o)

Better still take the free trolley (marked El Morro) from closet to the piers.

After the forts head back down through the streets of OSJ. Down by the La casita (close to the piers) there should be plenty going on. Local artists and artisans + music

enjoy

Coqui @ http://www.visit-the-coqui.com

I realised this answer will only work if the two posts are together. SO I copied my answer from that one to this for future seachers.

Ok, Sunday 3-12mn is not too bad. There is stuff to do.

You have time to visit the Forts and maybe some of the shops along Calle Cristo /Fortaleza and/or San Francisco. Forts close at 6p until June, 5pm after that. Stores close at 5pm on Sundays.

On Sundays, there is a lot of craft and artisan vendors around OSJ, especially around Paseo de la Princesa.

Go on the Segway tour, or a horse and carriage ride, just walk around town. I have a "walking tour" on my blog.

There is a "Night Tales" walking tour with Debbie. A bit of a fast walk, but very interesting.

You can go on the "Rumba" boat- it is about 1.5 hrs- they have a tour on the 5:30 pm trip (great views!) and then it turns into a floating nightclub with dancing at 7:30 and 9:30p.

There is a Flamenco show at El Botin restaurant at 8pm. On Recinto Sur, next to Hard Rock Cafe.

Always bars and clubs open, Señor Frogs is always "happening" for the younger crowd.

Check out my blog for ideas of stuff to do in Old San Juan:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/#cruise-ship

Have fun!

Archived