Has anyone ever called and asked for a different cabin assignment w/ a bal guarantee?

AandBmom

I get the whole point of the balcony guarantee being a gamble. Nonetheless, has anyone ever tried to call close to the sailing date to say they're not happy with the cabin assignment and wondering if one of the other cabins that are still showing available on carnival website could be yours instead?

Just curious as I've heard there is a ton of noise where our room is and I realize I took a gamble but if I could improve the outcome, why not.

Please share your experiences.

The only thing that I can tell you is that it couldn't possibly hurt to give it a try... even if you hear others say that it's not possible, why not give Carnival a call anyways?

you might be surprised and they might be happy to change your cabin for you!

But remember (and my MOTHER still hasn't figured this out!) you can attract more flies with HONEY then you can with lemons!!

I did but I have an awesome TA:p

I was assigned a cabin on the side above the lifeboats. It was an extended balcony which was great but I didn't like the fact that I couldn't see as well and I noticed that an aft balcony was still available and heard great things about them so I asked my TA if I could have cabin 6264 instead and she changed me. Still an extended balcony/same deck but aft. It wasn't considered an upgrade from where I was originally placed so they did it. But since it was a guarantee, I also took a chance on having Carnival change my cabin assignment up until we boarded. They didn't change me and I got my cabin I picked at the guaranteed rate. I'm sure my TA went to bat for me with Carnival to get me moved cuz I don't think this is the norm. You pay for a guarantee cuz they put you where they couldn't sell and usually that is because of things like noise.

I always call Carnival directly about a month before our cruise to see if I can get a better room. Once it cost me about $25 to upgrade, once I was told it cost $150 and didn't take it and once I was told there were no rooms left. If I don't get the answer I want I will call again up until the week before. It can't hurt and you might get lucky.

I always call Carnival directly about a month before our cruise to see if I can get a better room. Once it cost me about $25 to upgrade, once I was told it cost $150 and didn't take it and once I was told there were no rooms left. If I don't get the answer I want I will call again up until the week before. It can't hurt and you might get lucky.

Do you book through a TA or a PVP?

Do you book through a TA or a PVP?

I have never booked with a TA. I usually book online and then call Carnival's 800 number and talk to whoever answers. I find them very helpful. As I have learned from other posters - if you don't get a good answer from a Carnival PVP call back and ask someone else, you might get a different answer.

What guarantee you booked doesn't matter. The category you are given counts. So if you got an 8C for example and there is another 8C available, not an 8C or lower, they MAY switch you to that one. Otherwise have your credit card handy when you call because you're really asking to switch from guarantee status to assigned cabin status.

Dan

Archived