Attitude of crew on Royal Caribbean vs. Carnival?

illinoismom

It would be down at the bottom right where the "quote" button is. But it's only there for a short amount of time and then it disappears and you're stuck with any typos, etc. :D

I see now...thanks alot!

I left out the "n't" after "would".... :D

It's just a little more "lively" in the MDR (Main Dinning Room) where the wait staff performs a little dance, balancing things on their head....It's not a party atmosphere...

WOW! Sounds like a festive environment. If the price/itinerary is right and I enjoy my first upcoming cruise on RCL ... I may try out CCL next just to compare the two.

Hoopla in the MDR on Carnival was the maitre d' singing a couple times during the week and the servers dancing on tables (not the ones you eat at - I was concerned about that when I heard about it). I heard RCCL used to have pirate parades and such in the MDR but when we cruised in March, there was no such thing. Even HAL had more festive evenings.

I do not see a big difference between RCCL and CCL as far as staff...CCL has tended to have friendlier crew at times....I have noticed a difference between Celebrity vs RCCL and CCL though....

Celebrity is a different ball game, however. Think Cunard when you think Celebrity.

On my one and only RCCL cruise, the staff was downright rude. I am very laid back but everyone that I encountered was completely disinterested in conversing and truly seemed miserable with their jobs. Sadly, that was my very first cruise and I left feeling incredibly let down.

I'm glad I didn't give up on cruising based on that one unpleasant cruise. All of the other lines that I have sailed have had awesome crews!

On our one cruise on Carnival the staff was great. We have never had rude staff on any of our cruises. On Princess, we had a problem come up and they were terrific, so so nice. RCCL, Celebrity, NCL, all great. Even if we ever had a rude person or two, it would not turn us off to that cruiseline. :)

On my one and only RCCL cruise, the staff was downright rude. I am very laid back but everyone that I encountered was completely disinterested in conversing and truly seemed miserable with their jobs. Sadly, that was my very first cruise and I left feeling incredibly let down.

I'm glad I didn't give up on cruising based on that one unpleasant cruise. All of the other lines that I have sailed have had awesome crews!

Had the same bad experience on Carnival, except they were also clueless and we got bad service.

Had the same bad experience on Carnival, except they were also clueless and we got bad service.

Hi. My son is a freshman at UW-Madison...noticed your screen name. :)

The first one out of the nest and he chooses a university 2,500 miles away form home :eek:, LOL!

Good school! There are Packer fans in Oregon. :)

Yes, I have become a Packers fan myself, when not cheering for the Badgers, since we don't have any pro-football in Oregon!

My son was a big Oregon Ducks fan prior to enrolling at UW so when he came home for Christmas break his father (my ex) and I took him and his brother to the Rose Bowl for their Christmas/Birthday present. My ex and youngest son sat in Duck land and Hayden and I sat in Badger land! It was such an awesome experience! Here is our self portrait during the game...cheesy but fun!

399781_2659574001184_1010932446_32717942_2006719067_n.jpg

That's cool! You picked some good teams to root for. :)

When did you do the Mexican Riviera? We were on the Star the first week of March, 2009. Paul Baya was the CD and still the best one we have ever had.

It would have been like the 3rd week of March 2009...spring break for us.

Archived