Bamboo Club vs. Margaritaville...Which To Choose???

RePeteN

We are now looking at Bamboo Beach Club or Margaritaville.

We are in Ocho Rios only for about 6 1/2 hours. Appears both are near each other along with the shopping. You get food and drink at the beach club, along with the sand, water and music for under $100. Margaritaville offers pools only. Not sure of their pricing...take that to be separately priced for each activity. Perhaps can purchase a block of time for the pool and hot tub...booze appears to be priced by the drink. Can't find specifics on pricing. I guess if time allows...could take a break from the beach and visit Margaritaville...

Can anyone comment on this??? What are you people doing in Ocho Rios???

Look at the thread above titled 'Bamboo Beach Club Questions'. Note the question I posed. It seems strange that all the good reviews are posted by people who have very few posts on this board. That leads me away from believing the authenticity.

You have a valid point...something I did not pick up on.

Sent a message to the Sunset Beach Club...if that is $55 for the day, may be the way to go.

I already gave my opinion on Bamboo Beach Club on another thread.. We were there in February and were not impressed. We paid $45 each (just my DH and I) thru Carnival as that was what the BBC told us to do. When we got off the ship, someone walked us to the BBC, sat us in 2 lounge chairs under some trees (we wanted some shade) and then mostly forgot about us! While our hostess kept bringing out food, she never came our way and we had to keep calling for her.. I am not a drinker so I thought the rum punch was very strong, definitely not a fruity drink, the lemonade tasted like iced tea (not my favorite). I did enjoy watching the girls and guys dance and entertain us... The beach was nothing to speak of..tons of seaweed all on the bottom of the swimming area, which was very small..barbed-wire fencing all around the beach area.

Maybe if we had had another hostess (you get assigned one girl to wait on you for the entire time), I might have enjoyed it a little better but I don't think so. Please don't think it was us because the young couple next to us told our hostess that "she had such a pretty face but she needed to smile more"...!!!

We are going back to Ocho Rios in 3 weeks and will definitely book a tour this time..probably river tubing and a nice beach..

I already gave my opinion on Bamboo Beach Club on another thread.. We were there in February and were not impressed. We paid $45 each (just my DH and I) thru Carnival as that was what the BBC told us to do. When we got off the ship, someone walked us to the BBC, sat us in 2 lounge chairs under some trees (we wanted some shade) and then mostly forgot about us! While our hostess kept bringing out food, she never came our way and we had to keep calling for her.. I am not a drinker so I thought the rum punch was very strong, definitely not a fruity drink, the lemonade tasted like iced tea (not my favorite). I did enjoy watching the girls and guys dance and entertain us... The beach was nothing to speak of..tons of seaweed all on the bottom of the swimming area, which was very small..barbed-wire fencing all around the beach area.

Maybe if we had had another hostess (you get assigned one girl to wait on you for the entire time), I might have enjoyed it a little better but I don't think so. Please don't think it was us because the young couple next to us told our hostess that "she had such a pretty face but she needed to smile more"...!!!

We are going back to Ocho Rios in 3 weeks and will definitely book a tour this time..probably river tubing and a nice beach..

As you seen...we are sailing on the Victory the day after you.

Here is another site in Ocho Rios:

http://www.sunsetjamaicagrande.com/default.asp

Do you know anything about this????

I have not been here but it is on the same beach that the BBC is, only at the other far end. You can see it from the BBC, especially the water slide.

We are not big excursion people..We are happy just finding a nice beach where we can get a drink and some food and have beautiful, clear blue water to go into...We go to relax, not to rush around seeing how much we can squeeze into 6 hours!

I have not been here but it is on the same beach that the BBC is, only at the other far end. You can see it from the BBC, especially the water slide.

We are not big excursion people..We are happy just finding a nice beach where we can get a drink and some food and have beautiful, clear blue water to go into...We go to relax, not to rush around seeing how much we can squeeze into 6 hours!

Received a reply back from the Sunset Club...$40 pp. They did not list what that includes...and would like advance notice to ensure they can handle.

Archived