At Sea Wedding Caribbean Princess-Deck Ceremony

So i just returned last night from my April 13-April 20th Cruise abord the Caribbean Princess. My husband and i got married on April 14th. Below is a review hope it helps;

April 13th, My husband and i arrived on board about 2:00 PM. There were all kinds of letters waiting for us in our room. I get overwelmed easily so this was a very stressful day dealing with wedding details, getting everything on board and preparing for the cruise to depart. After arrival i read all of the letters and learned that we needed to me with Alex the wedding cordinator at 3:30 PM to go over the details of our wedding. I also spoke with eduardo the gentleman takinging care of our room to make sure i would have time to get my dress steamed and my husbands shirt and tie steamed as we brought them with us on the plane. (we eneded up putting all of these in a small carry on which was a pane but in the end worked out fine). He said that he would have them back to me by 11:30 the next morning which was fine since our wedding was at 2pm. At about 2:30 while i was unpacking all of our carry ons i got a call from the hairdresser asking if i could come down and we could do a quick run through and discuss the possiblitly of him doing my makeup. I was nervous about the make up as i dont wear a lot and didnt want to look over done so i told him i would do it myself. After i had the runn through my husband and i met with Alex at 3:30 we were early and he was thrilled by that. We went over all of the details of the deck wedding and he said everyhting looked fine and he would let us know if it was not possible. I was nervous cause that evening it began to rain and i thought this would ruin the whole wedding. After meeting with Alex we had the muster drill. It was quick and easy. At 7:00pm we offered a one hour open bar at skywalkers to our guests. This was arranged through our travel agent not TWE and Alex made sure all of this was set up properly too. THis was a great idea it allowed everyone to chat and relax and there were great views that evening from up on skywalkers. That evening we all had dinner at the buffet and went our seperate ways. My fiance at the time stayed with his father as i did not want to see him befoer the wedding.

Day 2 the wedding

I couldnt sleep all night and i woke up at like 5am. At 7Am i went to breakfast were i ran into my parents and grandparents, no worry about running into the groom as he is a late sleeper. LOL. At 8am i had a pedicure scheduled it was nice but all the spa does is try to sell you stuff which was quite aggravating. After my pedicure i went to my parents room and got my mom so we could head over to our hair appointments. My bridesmaid and friend met us over there at 11 that is when thier appointments were. I paid for everyone and we had a great time taking pictures of each other and just hanging out. My hair was wonderful, i took a pictuer of what i wanted done, i had done a practice wiht my hairdresser back home, it didnt look anything like it but turned out great. I was very excited. Everyone elses hair turned out great too. However they did put barettes in everyones hair but mine and charged about 40 a piece for them and wiht me paying that really added up. I was upset by this but could not say anything as i didn not want anyone to feel bad or know. I also did not notice this till i was paying they did not tell them that these cost specially that much. I was very disappointed. That was an extra 120 dollars i did not expect. My hair appointments all cost 70 dollars too, for those of you wondering. After hair appointments and barettes frustration ( i quickly let it go as i had a big day ahead of me) all of the girls met me in my room to help me get ready and for them to get ready. We had daquaris while getitng ready too, that was delicious. About 1:30 the bridesmaid flowers, my boquet and my fathers corsage were all delivered to my room. About 5 minutes later the gentleman who was walking us to the deck location came buy to pick us up. Also the flowers were very pretty. I had bright pink and cream roses but the flower guy insisted on having a pink ribbon with them. I got them and did not like so i removed the light pink ribbon off of them and was much happier.

As we got on deck the location was very windy and yes i had a viel but i think the wind and viel blowing was a treasured part of the ceremony, part of the atmosphere with the location. The ceremony turned out wonderful. We had a piano player on deck as well. Everything was great. Rachel (she is wonderful) was our photographer too. She did an excellent job. I ordered 4 hours of photography and she took us around taking pictures and she said just to let her know if there was anything we wanted a shot of and she would get it. She did a great great job i would recommend her. After the wedding we got a group shot on deck and then went around taking pictures about 1hr later we met the group in the atrium for group photos there also. After that the group headed to skywalkers for our 2hr reception which we planned through our travel agent not TWE. We continued taking pictures and missed about a half hour of the reception. We didnt mind though, to me pictures are very important. Once we got to the reception we did the first dance, father daughter dance, toast and cake cutting. Then we just relaxed and hung out. We brought songs which we wanted for the DJ. Not all just a few. he didnt seem to have a good selection and if we could have changed anything my husband and i would not have got the dj we would have just brought the music some other way. After the reception at 6 we had reservations at sterling steakhouse as my family loves steak rather than italian. This turned out excellent. Also that morning my fiance gave alex decorations for the table and we didnt know what to expect when we got there. They made everything look great though. Rachel met us at dinner to get other shots around the boat and to get sunset pictures which are my favorite. Also we had another cake at dinner as it was included in the package where the first cake we had a special order.

Everything turned out great and my husband and i would do it all of again if we had too. It is funny becasue i was against this but it saved us a lot of money. In the end i think this was my perfect wedding.

Again we loved rachel and were very excited with what she got, we got the cd as well which has over 450 pictues on it. My family also got some great pictures.

I hope this was not to confusing and let me know if you ahve any questions i know i ramble sometimes and switch subjects alot so just ask. Thanks and good luck future brides. I need to get back to unpacking but i will try to get my cd somewhere real soon so everyone can check it out.

Congratulations!! I'm glad it all went well!!

We had the same problem with the $40 barrettes (4/6/08 on Grand Princess). They encouraged my bridesmaid and MOH to "pick out a barrette" for their up-dos, but did not mention any additional cost. We found out on the bill too. Oh well, a very small (although annoying) part of what turned out to be wonderful days for each of us. :)

Archived