Give it a rest

lowerdegrl

I keep hearing people “venting” about the changes in pricing by NCL so I figured I would put my 2 cents in. I have to say so many people complain about these supposedly unknown fees. I planned my last cruise for almost a year and I knew about the new restaurant charges. And as far as the fuel charges go, people act like it is unreasonable. People want the cruise line to raise the rates so there are no “hidden costs” or some people say it is a way for NCL to “nickel and dime” us. Am I the only one who plans out my cruise and figures out these supposedly hidden costs? If they were so hidden would I be able to figure them out in my budget. They are not hiding them from us; they tell us as soon as they have to change things. Also I have to ask if people think that since they charge for the shore excursions at the end is that considered hidden costs as well. If you figure out the cost of everything before hand then nothing can be hidden from you. I think that sometimes the people who complain are people who let a TA “take care of the details” so then they should complain the TA for not divulging details and not NCL for having to make the changes. I understand that every one is entitled to their opinion so I am sure people will disagree with my thoughts, but my way of thinking about it is that before I go if I know I need to save an additional 10$ a day pp for at the end of my cruise why would it be so much more difficult to plan for 12$ or 15$ instead, if that is the easiest way for NCL to do it. Now some would say I am a NCL flag waver but to me it is just common sense.

as I applaud you for a very well written explanation of today's increase in rates, as we have increase in gas prices, food prices, and just wait til the trucks park it with their rates for 400 gallons of diesel. This is 2008 not 1998.

THERE ARE NO HIDDEN CHARGES. Cruising is NOT all inclusive as folks expect. Yes, they pay for meals unless you want a 5 star dinner. Than you are paying tips to their staff since they lease the space to do business. Bars are not free. Photos are not free. Net isn't free unless you have an international card for your laptop.

So what is the problem. Just like the mortgage problems with folk who cannot read the contract they signed. Now they want the Feds to pay that for them. Forget it. If you cannot afford to cruise, or own a home, than find something else to do & start saving. Wait til public schools are history & you pay to educate your kids from kindergarten up. Not fare for folks with no kids to food your bills.

Anything else to discuss about paying to do it. Cruising is a great deal for a vacation. Try a week in Vegas. Flight, hotel, food, entertainment, not including gambling. FORGET IT!

I keep hearing people “venting” about the changes in pricing by NCL so I figured I would put my 2 cents in. I have to say so many people complain about these supposedly unknown fees. I planned my last cruise for almost a year and I knew about the new restaurant charges. And as far as the fuel charges go, people act like it is unreasonable. People want the cruise line to raise the rates so there are no “hidden costs” or some people say it is a way for NCL to “nickel and dime” us. Am I the only one who plans out my cruise and figures out these supposedly hidden costs? If they were so hidden would I be able to figure them out in my budget. They are not hiding them from us; they tell us as soon as they have to change things. Also I have to ask if people think that since they charge for the shore excursions at the end is that considered hidden costs as well. If you figure out the cost of everything before hand then nothing can be hidden from you. I think that sometimes the people who complain are people who let a TA “take care of the details” so then they should complain the TA for not divulging details and not NCL for having to make the changes. I understand that every one is entitled to their opinion so I am sure people will disagree with my thoughts, but my way of thinking about it is that before I go if I know I need to save an additional 10$ a day pp for at the end of my cruise why would it be so much more difficult to plan for 12$ or 15$ instead, if that is the easiest way for NCL to do it. Now some would say I am a NCL flag waver but to me it is just common sense.

i know the feeling...

just to drive 1 1/2 hours to our favorite fishing spot, bait...stopping for food at a quaint diner..and the drive back, we have to figure on $100!

if we could take my small car, it would be a little cheaper..but the fishing gear doesn't fit:eek: .

besides, all the cruise line are adjusting to the new expensives..

When we went to Belize, we went cave tubing. We could've booked it for $40 each direct with a vendor, But opted to spend $95 each with the criuse ship. The extra $110 total was really worth it to know the ship would wait for us if we had a problem. I love spending my wifes' money, thank God she has a great income because we need ours to pay our household bills!

I agree with the add-on charges that the cruise lines are doing. I know at this time frame, that the increases probably will not dissapear. The cruise lines should just raise the total price on the fares. This way new customers to cruising won't think they are being nickeled and dimed. I know this is a big complaint.:)

at the thought of you mini car with bungie cords all over the roof with fishing gear strapped going thru the read windows & one snaps & zaps you in the head as you hit a pot hole on the freeway.

Now you are laughing but remember, there are folks like that out there.

i know the feeling...

just to drive 1 1/2 hours to our favorite fishing spot, bait...stopping for food at a quaint diner..and the drive back, we have to figure on $100!

if we could take my small car, it would be a little cheaper..but the fishing gear doesn't fit:eek: .

besides, all the cruise line are adjusting to the new expensives..

Suzyed, I agree....this had been a crazy board lately....tempers have been running high and god forbid you write anything negative about NCL. lol.

I have no idea how it ended up, funny you ask, b/c I couldn't find it and thought I was going crazy. I would love to know what happened.

For all of those reading this. don't get me wrong, I love cruising, it's my fav way of vacationing. I've never had a bad cruise that's why I keep returning for another and I say that in every one of my posts, I don't feel like I have alot of negative to say when I write a review. But I do feel the need to express my feelings if something wasn't up to par, and that's why most people come to these boards....they want an un-bias review.

At least I do, I would like to know what could be improved upon so I can avoid that show, restaurant, whatever it is, or make my own opinion about it. Everyone really needs to stop the flame throwing and let everyone have their own opinion and if you don't like it, that's fine. We should all agree to disagree.

Suzyed, I agree....this had been a crazy board lately....tempers have been running high and god forbid you write anything negative about NCL. lol.

I have no idea how it ended up, funny you ask, b/c I couldn't find it and thought I was going crazy. I would love to know what happened.

For all of those reading this. don't get me wrong, I love cruising, it's my fav way of vacationing. I've never had a bad cruise that's why I keep returning for another and I say that in every one of my posts, I don't feel like I have alot of negative to say when I write a review. But I do feel the need to express my feelings if something wasn't up to par, and that's why most people come to these boards....they want an un-bias review.

At least I do, I would like to know what could be improved upon so I can avoid that show, restaurant, whatever it is, or make my own opinion about it. Everyone really needs to stop the flame throwing and let everyone have their own opinion and if you don't like it, that's fine. We should all agree to disagree.

Agreed! ;)

The "other" post kind of got hijacked with all the "hotdog" references, and I don't know if that's why they closed it or maybe it just ran it's course. :rolleyes:

Archived