Several FLL/MIA questions

takeavacation

Hi -- thanks in advance for any/all info!!

1) We are flying into FLL for a cruise from Miami in October. We are staying at Pier 66 and friends want to stay at Courtyard by Marriott -- are they somewhat near each other? Will we be able to drop our friends off and then go to our hotel -- or is it totally out of the way (and we'll need 2 cars)?

2) Getting back from Miami pier to FLL after cruise -- we have an 11:40am flight -- is it best to take a taxi(cost??) or rent a car (time enough for this?), use a limo service? or take the ship transfer? We are assuming that we can disembark with early tags.

Thanks!

For part 1 - you can put both in google maps and see exactly how far apart they are

1) We are flying into FLL for a cruise from Miami in October. We are staying at Pier 66 and friends want to stay at Courtyard by Marriott -- are they somewhat near each other? Will we be able to drop our friends off and then go to our hotel -- or is it totally out of the way (and we'll need 2 cars)?

2) Getting back from Miami pier to FLL after cruise -- we have an 11:40am flight -- is it best to take a taxi(cost??) or rent a car (time enough for this?), use a limo service? or take the ship transfer? We are assuming that we can disembark with early tags.

Thanks!

You need to plan a decent half hour (at least) to get to the FLL airport. IF there is no traffic, accidents, etc. If they advise a 1.5 hour prior arrival at the airport, then you are talking needing to be at the airport by 10. Which means you should be on the road by 9:30. And If they let you off the ship early enough (sometimes they don't due to a variety of issues).

Good luck. You are cutting it close. A taxi is going to be at least 50.00 per person, give or take a few dollars..probably a few more..if you are going to FLL from MIA.

This is why the cruise lines recommend you take the afternoon flights.

Thanks!

You can easily drop your friends off, less then 5 minutes from the Hyatt. Let me help you get a better perspective of where the two hotels are located, click this link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=26.110514,-80.110416&spn=0.034528,0.057163&t=h&z=14&msid=111808212097114498924.00044b696c0c30dcac4ef

2) Getting back from Miami pier to FLL after cruise -- we have an 11:40am flight -- is it best to take a taxi(cost??) or rent a car (time enough for this?), use a limo service? or take the ship transfer? We are assuming that we can disembark with early tags.Thanks!

For your flight, early tags will not be necessary. A taxicab will be the easiest ($75-$85) , most conveniant way to get to FLL from the port. There's plenty of cabs waiting for you, you dan't ahve to wait for anyone to come get you, just hop in a cab and go.

For your flight, early tags will not be necessary. A taxicab will be the easiest ($75-$85) , most conveniant way to get to FLL from the port.

Bequia -- thanks for your response -- I have 7 people. I contacted Larry's Limos and he quoted me a van for the transfer for $138 (including tip) -- that seems pretty reasonable to me -- what do you (or anyone else) think? Would there be a taxi van that could fit us all for the $75-$85 price?

Thanks for the info -- that is a great price -- I just called and it is the same special going from the pier to the FLL airport!

Careful, they're (easyexpress) a transportation broker, they do not own any vehicles or employ any drivers, no street address, they operate out of a PO Box with an aol.com e-mail address. Anything goes wrong...........

Read the fine print:

ALL DRIVERS OWNER OPERATORS, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS

ALL TRANSFERS ARE SHARED RIDES, UNLESS AN EXCLUSIVE RIDE WAS AGREED UPON

OUR DRIVERS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, CHANGE, REDIRECT OR

SPLIT UP ANY TRANSFERS AND/OR ADVERTISED ITEMS FOR ANY REASON WITHOUT NOTICE.

Your first choice for transportation was the smart one. Owner operator, insured, real address, responsible, a favorite among the locals.

Bequia -- thanks for your response -- I have 7 people. I contacted Larry's Limos and he quoted me a van for the transfer for $138 (including tip) -- that seems pretty reasonable to me -- what do you (or anyone else) think? Would there be a taxi van that could fit us all for the $75-$85 price?

We have used them a couple times.... got very good service just make sure you do the self disembark and make sure Larry's knows what time to pick u up..... They will be cruising the area so you need to call them when you get all your luggage and are outside they then tell you where they will pick u up...

Thanks for the advice -- I knew I checked back in here for a reason -- I will stick with Larry's Limo!

I recommend LARRY'S LIMO highly!

I've posted as much at least a dozen times since I've been back from our cruise!

Courteous, prompt, clean vehicles, and reliable!

Good choice!

:)

Archived