7 mile beach

YoungCruisererz

Hello, has anyone done 7 mile beach on grand caymen on their own? we'd like to do that but are unsure if it would be more costly doing it on our own. can anyone tell us how much transportation runs to get there? also, is there a charge to get on the beach itself? any info would be great!

There's a line of taxis waiting for the Cruise ship passengers once you exit the tender boats. $5 to the beach per person, $4-5 per person return trip. Its worth the $ for the taxi, as my husband and I walked to the beach this last week and its a hike. We took a taxi back to the tender boats. :D

There's a grill & bar at the stop we went to & jet skis for rent as well. This stop was the one by the Marriott hotel on the beach. I'm sure most stops are pretty much the same.

Hope that helps!

And I forgot - the beach access is free - and its like Hawaii - you can go to any stretch of beach you want to, open access law. However, hotels can prevent you from going on their property. Taxis will take you to a good access point.

I agree, cabs are plentiful and cheap, but it's not too bad of a walk either, but just make sure you allow plenty of time to get back on the ship........You'll be tendering and the lines can be pretty long and sometimes there's 6 or 7 ships in port and it can be confusing. I try to plan on being on a tender back at least 1/2 hour before the last tender call.

We just took a cab to Sea Grape beach (part of 7 mile). I don't remember how much it was but I know it was no more than $5.00 pp. It was a very nice part of the beach with a bar and café plus you could rent chairs, mats and go para sailing. There we're probably other things but I don't remember. yes, the lines to get back on the ship are long but as long as you are back before the last one, don't worry. We usually just stay close to the pier at that point, maybe go into some shops right across the street and keep an eye on the lines and when we see it getting short, then we get in it. No point in standing in a long line. The ship isn't going to leave while there are still people in line for the tender.

Archived