RCCL Gift Certificates

JoeTN

So for my cruise this fall, my mom suggested I try the gift certificates to help me save up, which was all well and good. Now I've gotta couple purchased, and I've heard twice now that the certificates aren't applied until half way through the cruise...anyone have experience with this and know ?

Thanks

It really depends on what you use the certificates for. You can use them to pay down your balance or for onboard credits. The certificates are usually posted to your account on the second or third day. It really doesn't make a difference unless you are using cash and have a limit that you might go over before the credits are put on your account. If you give them a credit card to use the credits will be taken off long before you get your final bill.

We always buy gift certificates to pay down our balance or use onboard.

Have a great time.

It really depends on what you use the certificates for. You can use them to pay down your balance or for onboard credits. The certificates are usually posted to your account on the second or third day. It really doesn't make a difference unless you are using cash and have a limit that you might go over before the credits are put on your account. If you give them a credit card to use the credits will be taken off long before you get your final bill.

We always buy gift certificates to pay down our balance or use onboard.

Have a great time.

Yah, thats my situation, Im going to have a cash account, and having them not appear until the 3rd day of our 4 night cruise would not be good :D Guess I'll stop buying gift certificates and save the rest :-o

Archived