Carnival Pride - What to avoid to maximize value?

BUND

Sailing on the Carnival Pride this weekend out of Long Beach -- first time cruiser on Carnival - what should I avoid on this ship ? - I usually sail RCI ships. Thanks in advance. What should I avoid as in bad food and excursions?

Your Carnival Capers will be in your stateroom each night after dinner. Sit down and look over what you want to do the next day. Do whatever you want and don't over plan so far in advance. Nobody here knows what interest you so it is kind of hard to answer your question.

Remember why you are on vacation and just take it day by day and enjoy yourself without stressing about planning every minute. A cruise ship isnt a theme park where you have limited time. You will have a week to see and do just about everything onboard.

you will love the pride, it was our favorite ship by far.

have a great time,

remember for mini golf you have to get the stuff to play by the pool bar area,

just saying since alot of people walked all the way up to play and they looked confused when there were no putts or anything there,

all the food was great, the choc melting cake is the best !!!!

have fun !!

melissa

As you can see in my signature I have done 4 different cruise lines, Carnival's reputation came from about 20 or more years ago, they are much different now, the food for me both in variety and taste were better than RCI.

You have chosen a ship with a good reputation, actually this class of ship is very well regarded for ease of navigation and passenger space ratio.

Enjoy your trip

P.S. Many who condemn Carnival, have never sailed on them, this weird affliction seems to be most prominent among RCI cruisers.;)

MAC

As you can see in my signature I have done 4 different cruise lines, Carnival's reputation came from about 20 or more years ago, they are much different now, the food for me both in variety and taste were better than RCI.

You have chosen a ship with a good reputation, actually this class of ship is very well regarded for ease of navigation and passenger space ratio.

Enjoy your trip

P.S. Many who condemn Carnival, have never sailed on them, this weird affliction seems to be most prominent among RCI cruisers.;)

MAC

My sentiments exactly. My first cruise was in 1986 on the Song of America (RCCL). I thought it was so impressive and beautiful. Nothing beats your first cruise! Then we went on the Carnival Holiday and were very disappointed. Thought I would never sail Carnival again. Fast forward to 1999 and sailed Carnival again and WOW what a difference. In recent years I have sailed both the Navigator class on RCCL and Conquest Class on Carnival. IMHO not much difference so far as my experience on both ships. Food and entertainment was about the same. I've never had bad service on any ship. Guess I'm lucky. I don't know what Carnival has to do to "shake" that out of date stereotype image of the Wal Mart class of cruise line. I also hear a lot of comments about the decor on many Carnival ships. But I have found each ship to be unique and creative and tasteful in its decor. Just enjoy the ship and you're vacation. I'm sure you will have a great time.

Try to avoid wearing tank tops and shorts to the dinning room for dinner.:eek: Just kidding, no seriously, don't wear them.

Try to avoid worrying and enjoy your cruise. ;)

Just have fun.

My sentiments exactly. My first cruise was in 1986 on the Song of America (RCCL).

My first cruise was Song of America too, we had a great time, but looking back, I've had a much better time on Carnival, might be the era or maybe it's my ex-husband! :D

My first cruise was Song of America too, we had a great time, but looking back, I've had a much better time on Carnival, might be the era or maybe it's my ex-husband! :D

You are so funny! Compared to the ships they have now, the SOA doesn't measure up to all the bells and whistles. But 22 years ago she was a dream. We had four women in the smallest inside you ever saw and we didn't know any better. Ha! Sorry to go off track with this post.

Archived