Multiple excursions - same day

jhinjhin

On days that we are in port (Alaska) from morning until evening we are interested in doing more than one excursion. NCL's excursions all seem to be geared towards the mornings. My question is - if we book a tour for 7:30 AM that lasts 4 hours (which should put you back at the ship at 11:30) can you also book a tour at 12 PM. Will NCL wait for you if your morning tour is delayed or do they not link them together?

have you been over to the alaska boards?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

the locals can give you a better idea.

which excursions and what port?

i gather from your question, the time in port, you are talking about skagway?

example: whale watching is done out of auke bay (juneau), mendenhall glacier is close to auke bay..to save driving 30mins back to juneau and 30 mins back to mendenhall. the local vendors will drop you off or pick you up at mendenhall and then you, only, have to take the local shuttle one direction.

We did 2 in Skagway. In the morning we did the Chilkoot Eagle Preserve. I think our guide lost track of time because he had to rush us back. We got back as the other excursion was leaving. I think it was call Red Onion Red Light District tour. We got back as the group was leaving. One of the Madams walks over from the The Red Onion Salon and walk you to the bus. The only problem we had was our tickets were still on the ship. They waited until I got them. It only to about 10 minutes. I ran like the wind. We were suppose to have an hour before excursions. But everything worked out OK. Enjoyed both excursions. Only problem I was hungry. We were going to eat lunch.

If you booked both excursions through NCL, they won't let then overlap and if you are late and miss one they should refund your money. I would check with them and see.

Enjoy your trip.

Archived