Question Re: "Outside" Inside Cabins (Mariner)

We have booked an inside on Mariner (HB said that was the only way I could sail on her again before she left PC - I said, "SURE!"). The cabin we have is way aft, directly next to the balcony cabins and on the "outside" side of the hallway.

I hope someone understands what I mean. The cabin # is 8681 if that helps.

My question is - are those cabins any different in shape or size from other inside cabins? I'm guessing not, but I'm just curious. We chose the location because we find that the far aft cabins experience less noise.

We had an outside windowless/"inside" cabin and the adjoining balcony cabin on Explorer two years ago. It was a great configuration with kids. The windowless outside cabin was identical in configuration to a typical inside cabin.

This is a great cabin if your family/friends has the adjoining balcony cabin. We did this several years ago with the kids in the inside cabin and DH and I in the Balcony one. However, if I didn't know the people I was adjoining to, I would not book this cabin. You will hear noise (talking level noise) from the adjoining door and the cabin is smaller due to the placement of the adjoining door.

I hope that helps.

Archived