Walking Around the Mariner of the Seas

Since I have recently lost 15 pounds, I'd rather not gain it all back on the cruise. We'll run in the fitness center some, but we don't want to be stuck inside too much. Several people have said that the jogging track gets really busy. Is there a deck where you can walk around the entire ship without it being super-crowded? If so, do you have any idea how far around it would be? Thanks so much!

If you do the jogging track early in the morning, it wont be busy at all. Its once the sunbathers arrive the deck gets crowded. You could head off to deck 4 though. Its a very quiet deck but I dont think it makes a complete loop. When you get forward you must go up the stairs to the helicopter pad around and then back down the stairs to the other side and around the aft.

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=174&deckId=1246

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=174&deckId=1245

My hubby and I both dropped a couple pounds on our cruise, but we ate like piggies ! Just walking around the Mariner alone over 7 days can be quite a bit of exercise, let alone your activity at the ports. We took stairs whenever possible also. We weren't even trying to lose any weight - go figure !

My hubby and I both dropped a couple pounds on our cruise, but we ate like piggies ! Just walking around the Mariner alone over 7 days can be quite a bit of exercise, let alone your activity at the ports. We took stairs whenever possible also. We weren't even trying to lose any weight - go figure !

I totally agree! We came home a few pounds lighter due to all the walking around the ship. Pleasant surprise.:D

Try walking on the Promenade deck. Also, do the stairs rather than the elevator. Good luck!
And to make the full cicuit, you must walk up to deck 5 where the Helipad is and then back down on the other side. I think it is around 2 1/2 times around the promenade deck to do a mile. I love it as there is always something to see in port or out to sea.

We also feel like we lose weight on the cruise.Our reason is a lighter Wallet.

LOL!! How true! I do try to take the stairs instead of the elevators when I can. Knock on wood, i have never gained weight on a cruise..

Archived