Freeport or Nassau???

My family and I are schedualed to set sail on the Mariner's western itinerairy on July 4. My question is regarding the Labadee replacement port. Originally I was under the assumption that western cruises go to Freeport but do to "Low tide" the ships are now going to Nassau. Do you think this will be the port I will be going to? If so, I will also ask this question... to go to Atlantis, how much does taxi + day pass cost?

Thank you everyone!
Chris

MARINER- 07/04/04 CAN'T WAIT!
ROLL CALL- [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=2903014867&r=7063060177#7063060177"]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=2903014867&r=7063060177#7063060177[/url]

My guess would be Nassau.

I forget how much the taxi was, it wasn't much. We took a van that takes a bunch of people and it cost us maybe $4 each? Atlantis doesn't do a day pass to use their facilities. We went to Paradise Beach, used the beach and then walked through the Atlantis pool area, but we weren't able to use their waterslides/pool. If you want to walk through their aquarium, I think it's around $25 pp but I have heard that it isn't worth the money. Have also heard that sometimes security is tight and other times not - so people have had different levels of access at this resort just by sheer chance.

Barb, I believe that Freeport and Nassau are cities on Grand Bahama Island.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;3;26;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Till we sail Splendour of the Seas 3/26/05!

Century 3/20/04
Horizon 4/03
Golden Princess 3/30/02
Grandeur 4/01
Holiday 3/92

I have been to the Bahamas several times.
Freeport is on Grand Bahama Island. Nassua is on New Providence--a completely different island.

The easiest way to get to Atlantis is to take a water taxi across the harbor. Its 4 bucks roundtrip. They are located right next to the cruise ship terminal. The taxi lets you off about a five mintue walk from the Hotel. Plus you get to see the Cruise ships quite close up.

Archived