Question on Cai Lan Port, Halong Bay, Vietnam aboard Superstar Virgo

redisol

We're sailing on the Superstar Virgo this sunday and one of the stops is Halong Bay. I heard that ship will dock at Cai Lan Port. Does anybody know about the layout or the rules in this port?

I'm arranging for a private tour and I'd like to know if the guide will be allowed to meet us as soon as we step out of the ship or do we need to walk out of the port to meet him/her? How long is the walk from the ship to the port exit?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Yes, I can help you, the port is very remote, there are several gates and the private vans have difficulty picking up passengers. Be sure to tell them you will be at the ship. I think the guard has to be paid off before the private vans can pick you up or yu must walk a mile out to the last gate. There may be a shuttle service to the various gates. We wated over an hour with all this confusion of three gates. You cannot see gate two and three from gate one.

Hope this helps.

Archived