Skagway Yukon Excursion

smurflady

Damn, you're right. I just called CBSA, and they confirmed what you've said. I guess I've just been lucky when I've done it.

That ruins my entire plan for our day in Skagway.

Any US citizens planning a day trip to Emerald Lake on May 12th that we could ride along with? It appears I need a foreigner to drive me into my own country.

Hey Hockeywinger (love the name)

We are leaving on the NCL Pearl this Sunday, we are a group of 6, Moms and daughters and we wanted to rent a car too, but being Canadian we couldn't. We hired a local man to take us for the day in his van up to the Yukon and many other places that I wouldn't have even known about.

If you are interested in the particulars, just let me know and I can e-mail them to you. I can't post the info without you asking for it, due to the boards regulations.

It was a super alternative for us, since the train was not what we wanted to do. This way we have someone who knows the area VERY well taking us around, oh and the price is reasonable too.

Doodlefan, you are my hero! I never even thought of doing something like that. Could you please email me your info at karleen_gill@yahoo.com ? Thanks so much.

PS: I wonder if I'll be able to catch any of the Stanley Cup playoff games on TV while we're on our cruise....

We are wondering about the playoffs too....does anyone know if we can find them onboard?

We are leaving on the NCL Pearl this Sunday, we are a group of 6, Moms and daughters and we wanted to rent a car too, but being Canadian we couldn't. We hired a local man to take us for the day in his van up to the Yukon and many other places that I wouldn't have even known about.

If you are interested in the particulars, just let me know and I can e-mail them to you. I can't post the info without you asking for it, due to the boards regulations.

It was a super alternative for us, since the train was not what we wanted to do. This way we have someone who knows the area VERY well taking us around, oh and the price is reasonable too.

Hi doodlefan, would you please let me know the info of local man and his van at hililai@gmail.com. I can't drive back to Canada either. Thanks a bunch.

Archived