I need your help cruise critic!! What if there is misbehaving adults!

I<3Cruises

I like Dan's idea. buy new friends. HEY I say keep the old two but buy ones that will make each of them more bearable!!! the more the merrier right??!!

This is a hard topic. I know I'll pick on my fiance when HE'S drunk (I'm the DD so I'm not the drunbk one lol) but we don't really argue.

I would bring it up in a very casual way before you leave. Maybe bring up to them one at a time, not when they're together. That could start a whole OTHER fight. Just mention it like "Hey you and suzy argue a lot when you drink, I just want to make sure that isn't going to happen while we on vacation together" and like someone else said, you can only control your actions so don't get upset if you have to meet some new friends while you're out.

Personally... I wouldn't travel with them.

When I pay good money for travel... the last thing I want to do is be around people that you may have to walk on egg-shells around... or be upset by or embarrased by...

I say... Walk away from this trip with these two... just walk away...

Best of luck. :)

Personally... I wouldn't travel with them.

When I pay good money for travel... the last thing I want to do is be around people that you may have to walk on egg-shells around... or be upset by or embarrased by...

I say... Walk away from this trip with these two... just walk away...

Best of luck. :)

Unfortunately, my air was already booked before i found out about this little issue...i would lose some money if i cancelled and i really dont think it would get that bad...guess well see what happens :) I am going to think positive about the situation and not let it ruim my cruise....

A bad day on a cruise is always better then a good day at work....so i will grab a straw and suck it up!!:p

I'd totally set the ground rules before I left with whichever one you are closest to... while that person is sober and in a good mood.

"Hey, you know, I just want to make sure that we have a good time on our cruise. You guys aren't going to argue and stuff and ruin it for me are you?"

If they do cause multiple scenes and make your trip miserable, then I'd dump them as friends.

This is why I would probably never even cruise with an other couple much less family. This is my vacation, you know?

Excellent! A couple that fights, especially when drinking, who are getting engaged. Sounds like a recipe for a successful marriage. :rolleyes: And perhaps another thread about someone going missing at 1am off the ship.

I simply wouldn't sail with them. I enjoy a drink or three, but being around bickering drunks is not my idea of a good time.

these where my exact thoughts:rolleyes:

Unfortunately' date=' my air was already booked before i found out about this little issue...i would lose some money if i cancelled and i really dont think it would get that bad...guess well see what happens :) I am going to think positive about the situation and not let it ruim my cruise....

A bad day on a cruise is always better then a good day at work....so i will grab a straw and suck it up!!:p

[/quote']

Well, you have the right attitude... and sounds like you will have a great cruise.:)

We had friends on our last cruise who got way out of line and I finally said something to them. The main culprit was the husband (DH's friend) his behavior ranged from drunken episodes of leaning around the balcony partition screaming our names to pounding on our door in the wee hours of the AM as they were staggering to their cabin.

He made comments about us sitting in the window seat at dinner yet he was never on time. When we were sitting at a bar he kept snapping his fingers at the bartender and yelling "Hey buddy over here", I just felt sick everytime I saw him coming around the corner.

At the shows he would yell comments really loud to the participants. If we were on the deck he would no doubt find us no matter how hard we tried to avoid him. I know his wife felt badly but according to him it was his first time away from his kids and he was going to make the best of it.

The last straw was when I was dozing on the balcony one afternoon and he leaned over the divider and yelled DH's name really loud, I nearly fell out of the chair. I got up and said you know this is my vacation too and your ruining it for me, he looked at me and said "oh sorry" and I went in and shut the door. That night at dinner he asked me if I had calmed down and I felt like saying screw you pal, your the one who has to calm down. The rest of the cruise was definitely different, at first DH was mad at me but he soon realized his friends behavior was out of line.

I didn't really offer you and advice because there was no way to predict his friend would act like an donkey because he had never acted that way in front of me before. I think regardless of whether or not you bring it up if booze is involved chances are they won't remember agreeing to anything. I wish you the best of luck :)

sorry your vacation was ruined. But I wanted say thank you to your husband for his service and to you for your sacrifice.

God Bless

I would not tell them anything beforehand and I wouldn't comment on the ship either. However when one starts talking about the other, venting then I would suddenly get and and move. ie "I am jsut going to move into the sun" or "Oh I forgot something in the cabin". I have used this technique to great success without offending anyone. They will get the picture that you are not a counselor

If you feel its going there, just get up and leave, that should send a message to them. If it happens during dinner, get up and go to Lido and eat there and if it gets pretty bad, request a table change asap. Youre not there to baby sit but to have a good vacation.

Fred

:cool: :cool: This first time it happens I would say something and tell them next time I am leaving. Next time just get up and leave without saying a word. If it is in the diningroom, leave and go to the Lido. Next time go to diningroom and change tables. Next time avoid at all costs. Don't try and confront because obviously they have no class and will not listen. If it is like this when they are "courting" can you just imagine when they are married. They would not be on my long term friend list. Good luck, chin up and enjoy YOUR vacation.:cool:

I would bring it up in a very casual way before you leave. Maybe bring up to them one at a time, not when they're together. That could start a whole OTHER fight. Just mention it like "Hey you and suzy argue a lot when you drink, I just want to make sure that isn't going to happen while we on vacation together" and like someone else said, you can only control your actions so don't get upset if you have to meet some new friends while you're out.

This is very good advice!

Archived