Hotels in Mexican Riviera who let cruisers use their facilities?

CdnCruzGrl

Hi Everyone,

I understand that there are some really great hotels/resorts in Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan who will let cruisers use their pools and facilities for the day while in port. I've heard some will charge you and some won't. Does anyone have any suggestions on good places for this? My best friend and I are heading off on the Pride on May 4th.

Thanks in advance!!

:D

When we did our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2005, we spent part of the day at the NH Krystal Vallarta. It had a nice beach, a couple of pools and several hammocks available.

They did charge to use the facilities, but the cost of the pass was refunded via a bar credit. I believe it was $35 a piece, or thereabouts. We easily ate and drank our way through that.

we have been going to el cid in mazatlan for years. they don't charge cruise ship passengers. just take a cab and follow the noise to their pool. they have a water slide and cliffs you can dive off of. they also have beach access. it looks old from the outside, in fact when we were there for thanksgiving i think they were doing some construction. don't let it put you off.

in cabo we went to the beach at "the office" very crowded but nice.

in pv we shop.

hope this is helpful.

hkmom

The last two times we've been to Mazatlan we've done Randi's Happy Horses, but before that we went to the El Cid. It was nice, roped off from vendors, and a really beautiful spot, uncrowded too. In Puerto we've only done shopping. CC's that we met enjoyed Krystal. Cabo, was also more shopping and glass bottom boats, no facilities at lover's beach, but there are several reccomendations on the board for places there.

we have been going to el cid in mazatlan for years. they don't charge cruise ship passengers. hkmom

We've gone to the El Cid again and again. We spend the morning there, ordering drinks at the swim-up bar (great big inexpensive well mixed drinks that come in coconuts).

When it gets really hot in the afternoon, we head over to Senor Frogs to eat/drink, then taxi back to the ship and stumble aboard. We always have a standing challenge to be the first to show up in the dining room for dinner, all cleaned up, after a day in the sun and some drinks.

AFter visiting Mazatlan aboard Princess in 05, we disembarked a bit late and chose to visit a time share presentation. Several will be there as you leave so make up your mind.. We Did and glad we did. Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay respresentatives offerd comp taxi, all day inclusive food and drink, use of facilities if we would take the tour of 90. They even threw in $$. We went and loved it and bought a unit so we now return every year to this beautiful city/resort. El Cid also offers such packages if you want to look. But, you can go to almost any resort and use the pools/beach/chairs for free just patronize the food and beverage dept there. No need to purchase a bracelet from them.

Mazatlan offers a colorful mercado/market, beautiful Teatro/theatre, Cathedral, Royal spa for inexpensive massages, great fishing, we charter ifish.com, Javier, for a fun trip, and the pulmonias. so enjoy. Be there again in late May for another fun week of Pacifico and Micheladas - for an added punch get some tequila added to yours. Mazatlan Frank is known for reliable tours if you like that kind of excursion as well. Ole.

Cabo, the water taxi to the arches is not to be missed, Lover's beach is yours but take what you want, a trip to "the Office" is great food and beach. Since we had purchased in MZT we had a voucher to use the Pueblo Bonito properties at this port too and plan to visit them someday for a week in cabo-i am thinking spring break will be very exciting and filled with sites..... You might think you are in S California, expecially with the prices. Be sure and purchase any alcohol before this port..lol

PV, we walkd and walked, ate at some beach restaurant, it was good. Basicly veged the day away watching the folks go up on the parachutes. It was all a lot of fun.

Our cruise also did Catalina Island, most different and San Diego. I recommend some warm clothing until you reach Cabo area, as Catalina/San Diego and port of San Franciso were cold in March. The ship might also be a rock and roll baby for a while as you go thru the "cabbage patch" but it will add to your fun..

Hasta luego,

LRSkier

The old Melia in Cabo is now called the ME and is the only resort on the beach that allows cruise passengers. 99% of the other resorts are timeshare properties. The ME calls itself "adult orientated" with loud techno music, wet t shirt contests, body shots etc. It is a beautiful resort but probably not the best spot for children. I think they charge $35/pp and then apply that toward your bill at the end of the day. Very high prices too- $15 margaritas, burgers etc.

If I were only there for the day I would just have the taxi (water or land) take me to Medano beach and pick one of the beach bars/restaurants that looks fun. They all have lounge chairs in the sand and swimming areas in front of them. Loud, fun and rowdy- Mango Deck or Billygans. More layed back- Baja Cantina, Tabascos or the Sand Bar.

Have fun! We are leaving for 10 days in Cabo on Thursday and can't wait!:)

In Cabo, we like the Melia. It is nice and the staff very friendly.

For Mazatlan, El Cid is very nice and big. ANother one of our favorites is the Hotel Playa where the staff is really friendly.

As for PV, go with the krystal, where you can also get a great massage.

Great ports.

Louis

Archived