Disembark ?s

yarby

The day we disembark off the Pearl, our group has very late flights. In fact, some don't fly out until the next day.

In that regard, how late can you stay on the ship?

What all can you do on the ship on the last morning?

Do you need to tell NCL that you would like a late disembark time?

Or, in the alternative, I guess we could visit Seattle some more. However, we would have all our luggage with us.

Any great ideas?

Thanks

NCL is great in this regard. You can sleep in, enjoy coffee and breakfast and then wander off the ship when you're ready. I would say probably about 9-10 or so would be the last call for all passengers. There isn't much to do other than to eat breakfast. They won't have anything else going on. And you don't have to tell them what time you'll be getting off. You fill out a form and you will get a color tag for your luggage but if you put you are on your own and don't have an early flight, you'll get the last color they will call.

Since some don't leave until the next day I'm assuming they have a hotel for the night? I'm not sure how many are in your group. Maybe you could look into getting a rental car when you get off the ship and do a little sightseeing. The people that don't leave until the next day could use the car to get them to the airport and drop it off when they leave. Maybe the people that are leaving late that day could share a car, do some sightseeing, and then you can use it to get you to the airport.

If you search around Seattle area I'm sure you could find things to see and do to fill the day. But having a car would make it easier and probably less expensive for several people to share. Have fun!:)

Disembarkation days on the ships are quite hectic. I dont think you will want to hang around for very long. Everyone is in a rush to get going and there are no other activities other than breakfast to pass the time.

I would suggest looking into some sightseeing in Seattle.

The day we disembark off the Pearl, our group has very late flights. In fact, some don't fly out until the next day.

Or, in the alternative, I guess we could visit Seattle some more. However, we would have all our luggage with us.

Any great ideas?

Thanks

On the last day of your cruise, they will set out different colored baggage tags that represent different disembarking times. Just pick out a later time. I believe the goal of the ship was to have everyone off by about 10 AM. The people at customs were slow the morning we left, and we got off at 10:30. (5 ships in port, Miami)

That morning you can grab breakfast (be early it closes early, stay in your cabin for awhile and wonder around. It is a relaxing way to leave the ship.

They do offer a bag service that will take your bags to the airport, or did in Miami anyway. For a fee (don't remember the cost, didn't use it) they will check your bags onto your flight. That might work for you.

The Pearl is a fantastic ship and I'm sure you will have a great time. I would cruise on the Pearl again in a heartbeat. Have fun.

Any great ideas? Thanks

Last year on the Pearl everyone had to be off by 9:30, but since they're arriving an hour later this year (8 AM instead of 7 AM), it may possibly be 10:30. We'll find out once the first few cruises of the year have been completed.

The only thing you can do on the ship the last morning is have breakfast and get off the ship. Last year breakfast was served in Summer Palace until 8 AM and in the buffet until 9 AM. No scheduled activities and nothing open. Remember the room stewards need to get your cabin cleaned and they need to get the ship ready for the next round of passengers eagerly awaiting to embark on their cruise:D !

There is a concierge in the lobby of the Bell Street Pier Cruise Terminal (Pier 66) where you can leave your luggage ($3 a bag) if you want to spend some time visiting Seattle.

NCL did offer 3 excursions on Sunday morning (2 to 3 hours each) for those with flights after 1:30 PM. The excursions end at the airport but you'd still be at the airport probably by noon.

NCL used to offer a Seattle City Tour on disembarkation morning. When you take an NCL tour on Disembarkation day, they take your luggage with you under the bus and drop you off at the airport after the tour.

Archived