Those Who Like Formal: Will You Still?

Leo Jay

HA! You're both had it easy. :D Three blocked at 90% which stents couldn't fix, so a triple bypass for me. No heart attack or stroke, I just told the doctor I had this funny feeling in the sides of my neck for the past few months.

I was riding my Jetski on a Friday and had the operation on Monday.

It's been a year now it's eating right and exercise. Even on a cruise I walk 4 miles a day and eat lots of grilled chicken instead of lobster and streaks. :(

Wow! You are lucky to be alive! :)

Ya know he was talking about casual nights. And what he described was fine. Don't get me started on the outdated polyester suits I see on formal night;) You know the ones that pull their pants up past their bellybuttons lol:eek: :eek:

....and this thread is about formal nights.:confused: And don't make fun of polyester, everything has it's way of coming around again!:p

Hi all,

To everyone, "Can't we all just get along?"

If the rules have changed, just go with the flow. I enjoy my 1 or 2 nights of dressing up in a tux. If the person next to me chooses not to do the same, I don't care or think any worse of that person. We even may become friends over a drink and conversation. Who knows?

Heck, Dan is going to coach me on how to prevent from getting a second stent!:D I already like him!!!!!

I grew up as the son of an American diplomat. I HAD to dress up on many occassions, even as a kid! For awhile, I swore I would never put myself in clothes like that again! What kid likes to have on a coat and tie and be uncomfortable? Funny how things come full circle! My job now, with a rescue squad in Virginia, allows me to wear jeans every day along with a squad emblem emblazoned polo shirt. I now look forward to evenings when I can wear a suit & tie or sport coat and slacks! LOL!!!

Anyway, I am getting off my soapbox. If you wish to wear something less formal, it is fine with me. If I wear formal attire, I just hope it will be alright with you.:)

We are on vacation; peace.

Lee

Hey Lee.. I emailed you

You know, Damian was the son of a diplomat LOL

I really dont care what anyone else wears either.. I know I will be looking good :D

but what I don't understand amidst all this formal talk...suits are suits - they do not constitute formal wear. .Formal wear is a tux!

Black Tie

On our last cruise, on the Victory, I actually saw someone wearing a cutaway.. and everyone knows, those are formal for day, not evening!!:eek:

i'll give you casual nights, but why not on formal night open up one dining area for formal dressed people, and the other for casual? serve the same food and all is well. af1's classic? so are geranimals. sure hope your outfit matches.

Whatever works.........what is geranimals:confused:

Ya know he was talking about casual nights. And what he described was fine. Don't get me started on the outdated polyester suits I see on formal night;) You know the ones that pull their pants up past their bellybuttons lol:eek: :eek:

What about the tux's from 1987's prom

or '82's Bar Mizvah?..you know.. the high water pants.. but the mother/wife is making them wear it!:eek:

i'll give you casual nights, but why not on formal night open up one dining area for formal dressed people, and the other for casual? serve the same food and all is well. af1's classic? so are geranimals. sure hope your outfit matches.

Ahhh Garamnimals..!! remember when picking out fashion was conveniently labeled for tops and bottoms!!

Wow! You are lucky to be alive! :)

Yep, guess it just wasn't my time. I don't want to do it again so exercise and making better choices when eating is the way for me now.

Like my doctor told me, "If it tastes good spit it out, it's bad for you". Eat all the tree bark and dirt you want. :D

If the person next to me chooses not to do the same, I don't care or think any worse of that person. We even may become friends over a drink and conversation. Who knows?

And this is how everyone should think on this issue, but unfortunately, they don't.....

Yep, guess it just wasn't my time. I don't want to do it again so exercise and making better choices when eating is the way for me now.

Like my doctor told me, "If it tastes good spit it out, it's bad for you". Eat all the tree bark and dirt you want. :D

Ahh it's not that bad. I love to eat the good for you stuff. It's all in the way you cook it;)

But you are right........it is all about lifestyle.....eating right and exercising......

glad you are still around to smell the roses:)

Garamnimals.. was a toddler clothing line.. the bottoms and tops had color coded labels so that to match, you didnt have to think about it lol

Garanimals is still around and says on the web that they are available at Walmart.

Quick run and check your closets. Polyester is back big time; it just doesn't look like 1970's suiting materials or disco shirts. I have a few dressy skirts and tops that are 100% and a running suit that is 90%.

As per the topic: I will most likely be sticking to my cocktail dresses and DH to his dark suit on most cruises.

The only exception might be a future Alaska cruise where layering and rainsuits may trump dressy clothes in the luggage. (Don't worry, we would eat in the buffet that night)

Garanimals is still around and says on the web that they are available at Walmart. [COLOR=blue]WOW Amazing.. i have to tell my sister (she has the kids):D

[/color]Quick run and check your closets. Polyester is back big time; Not in ny! Thats like major clothing faux pas (?) LOLjust doesn't look like 1970's suiting materials or disco shirts. I have a few dressy skirts and tops that are 100% and a running suit that is 90%.

As per the topic: I will most likely be sticking to my cocktail dresses and DH to his dark suit on most cruises.

The only exception might be a future Alaska cruise where layering and rainsuits may trump dressy clothes in the luggage. (Don't worry, we would eat in the buffet that night)

You eat wear you want! Its now cruise elegant:)

Garanimals is still around and says on the web that they are available at Walmart.

Quick run and check your closets. Polyester is back big time; it just doesn't look like 1970's suiting materials or disco shirts. I have a few dressy skirts and tops that are 100% and a running suit that is 90%.

Don't shop at walmart don't remember garanimals:p

As for polyester......Oh I know they are in some peoples closets...........saw them on formal night:eek: :eek:Yes the 70's disco suits :cool:

Archived