rocky waters

The Mid-Atlantic seas are very unpredictable. We've sailed from Boston once, NYC twice, and Norfolk, VA once. We've experienced everything from smooth as glass to rocking and rolling-hold-onto-the-wall-when-you-walk seas. There's really no way to predict what you'll experience. Just bring whatever sea-sickness remedy you like with you, just in case.

Happy Sailing!!!

I will take a cruise (en June 2008) from New York.:confused: :confused: I am concern about the rocky waters on our way back to the New York port! Any advise?:eek:

Thank you so much

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Click on the picture to access the current wave heights around the world WEB site.

mmm_wave_anim.gif

waveHeightKey.gif

My husband and I took the Miracle out of NY last June. The North Atlantic ocean and any ocean for that matter is very unpredictable. It can be calm one day and rough the next or even calm one hour and rough the next hour. On our cruise, the second day out was a little rough but not too bad. Coming back up from the Caribbean was total smooth sailing. I can't say that it will be smooth or it will be rough because nobody can predict this. Please don't worry. Just go and have a great time on your cruise. If you tend to get sick, take some Bonine, Dramamine, ginger or the patch. You will be just fine. :)

Have a great cruise. :D

On my first cruise out of NY last year, we had unseasonably mild weather & it was like glass.

This year going down you knew you were on a moving vessel. Coming back was awful -- very rocky; you had to hold the hand rails when you walked through the halls. We had a cabin near the bow. As the ship bobbed up & down, slapping the waves I woke up with every crash; I was exhausted by the time we pulled back into NYC.

I'd do it again in heartbeat though. :)

Archived