W813 Review

slasher64

Embarkation

Arrived in Sydney on Virgin Blue from Adelaide. Shuttlebus waiting for us as we arrived. Then the rain come, it bucketed down.Straight to Darling harbour, bit of a line up at the terminal for check-in, but all went smoothly got our cruise cards and onboard we went.Rain held off for sailaway,and off we went

On Board

I can't really remember what we did on specific day's it's all a blurr :)

Entertainment

Our cruise director was a guy named Martin (apparently just back from holidays).Very good at his job,very funny bloke,i'm sure he uses the same jokes on all cruises :)

Pacific Dawn Entertainers - Very good, Very professional, obviously well drilled.

Guest entertainers - Meg Hoult & Matt Edwards,great, fit in well with the dancers,

Comedian - Matt Elsbury ?. very funny great comedian

Puppetier - Murray Raine- This guy was very clever,great routine, an extra show would have been nice though

Sylvanna- Not really my style, early 60's style cabaret artist.A bit out dated

Pacific Dawn Showband- Great showband, but undermanned(6 piece) P&O obviously trying to cut corners here,(leader of the band said he wasn't impressed with the way they keep slashing members of his showband)

Carribbean Soul- Very good regaee band, i think they boarded in Vanuatu for the island night.Problem was, they put them in the Dome for most of their shows afterwards warming up the crowd for the 50's, 60's, and 70's nights, which fizzed a bit ,the crowd couldn't or wouldn't get out on the dance floor,dancing to regaee. I thought a good pop,rock band could have covered all bases here.

Sea Days

Spent mainly on the lido deck, weather permitting, we only had a couple of sunny days,so when it was out, we made the most of it.

When the weather set in there was always seahorse racing, bingo, which jackpotted to $10,000.00 on the last sea day.They couldn't fit everyone in the show lounge for bingo on the last two sessions so they had a live link to the dome.(gotta do something when it's raining outside:( )

COMING SOON

iSLAND DAYS

FOOD & SERVICE

ETC

Embarkation

Arrived in Sydney on Virgin Blue from Adelaide. Shuttlebus waiting for us as we arrived. Then the rain come, it bucketed down.Straight to Darling harbour, bit of a line up at the terminal for check-in, but all went smoothly got our cruise cards and onboard we went.Rain held off for sailaway,and off we went

On Board

I can't really remember what we did on specific day's it's all a blurr :)

Entertainment

Our cruise director was a guy named Martin (apparently just back from holidays).Very good at his job,very funny bloke,i'm sure he uses the same jokes on all cruises :)

Pacific Dawn Entertainers - Very good, Very professional, obviously well drilled.

Guest entertainers - Meg Hoult & Matt Edwards,great, fit in well with the dancers,

Comedian - Matt Elsbury ?. very funny great comedian

Puppetier - Murray Raine- This guy was very clever,great routine, an extra show would have been nice though

Sylvanna- Not really my style, early 60's style cabaret artist.A bit out dated

Pacific Dawn Showband- Great showband, but undermanned(6 piece) P&O obviously trying to cut corners here,(leader of the band said he wasn't impressed with the way they keep slashing members of his showband)

Carribbean Soul- Very good regaee band, i think they boarded in Vanuatu for the island night.Problem was, they put them in the Dome for most of their shows afterwards warming up the crowd for the 50's, 60's, and 70's nights, which fizzed a bit ,the crowd couldn't or wouldn't get out on the dance floor,dancing to regaee. I thought a good pop,rock band could have covered all bases here.

Sea Days

Spent mainly on the lido deck, weather permitting, we only had a couple of sunny days,so when it was out, we made the most of it.

When the weather set in there was always seahorse racing, bingo, which jackpotted to $10,000.00 on the last sea day.They couldn't fit everyone in the show lounge for bingo on the last two sessions so they had a live link to the dome.(gotta do something when it's raining outside:( )

COMING SOON

iSLAND DAYS

FOOD & SERVICE

ETC

Hi

Hope you enjoyed your cruise

Could you please tell me the name of your captain?

Thanks Gail

Hi Gail

We did not notice the captain mingling with the passengers however he may have done so but we were not around at the time.

He did do a Captains Tour of the Bridge talk and show slides in the Show Lounge on the 2nd last day and answer a few questions.

Hi Gail

We did not notice the captain mingling with the passengers however he may have done so but we were not around at the time.

He did do a Captains Tour of the Bridge talk and show slides in the Show Lounge on the 2nd last day and answer a few questions.

Thank you

my friend did find out on our Roll Call thread he did mingle and was very nice.

She was happy with that.

Cheers

Archived