Help with abbreviations, DD, DS, DH, etc...

daze823

Ok, new to the entire cruise thing, and having a difficult time reading some posts as they tend to use a lot of abbreviations that I'm not familiar with... If you know, please help explain what the following abbreviations mean, feel free to add any more that I haven't seen as of yet, but am sure to run accross....

DD

DS

DH

DW

b2b

thanks to those who answer these...

Ok, new to the entire cruise thing, and having a difficult time reading some posts as they tend to use a lot of abbreviations that I'm not familiar with... If you know, please help explain what the following abbreviations mean, feel free to add any more that I haven't seen as of yet, but am sure to run accross....

DD = Dear Daughter

DS = Dear Son

DH = Dear Husband

DW = Dear Wife

b2b = Back-To-Back Cruise

thanks to those who answer these...

Hope that this helps;)

See it all the time, I am cruising with princess, so I see it on their posts frequently, so it may be one of their ships? However, I just saw it on a general board, so now I'm not so sure...

Anyway, thanks for all the explanations from everyone, now I have a good understanding and will probably be able to figure out most that I see.

While I don't know how universal this is, on the CB the pattern on the deck carpeting was the same on the port and starboard side of the ship. However, the port side had a distinctive red edging to it. If you think of red as port wine and port as left, it becomes very obvious which side to turn when exiting an elevator.

• 5 years later...
And I always thought that the D prefix meant dumb! I wondered why everyone was being so uncivil to each other. LOL Now you know how my mind works. :eek:

That's ok, being a Navy brat, I thought the 'D' was dependent! LOL! :D

And I always thought that the D prefix meant dumb! I wondered why everyone was being so uncivil to each other. LOL Now you know how my mind works. :eek:

When I first asked the question I was told D ment dear .... or it could mean dumb .... to be fair I think it was a tongue in cheek. I mean who would say dear wife or dear husband.:cool:

Eat more BACON

When I first asked the question I was told D ment dear .... or it could mean dumb .... to be fair I think it was a tongue in cheek. I mean who would say dear wife or dear husband.:cool:

Eat more BACON

Perhaps it's just a short-hand way of being polite. After all, DH (dear husband) sounds much nicer than "the old fart I sleep with".:D