Venice airport - Bus to ship

NYCeb

Has anyone taken the bus at the Venice airport to the port? How long does it take and how painful is it? Does Celebrity have a shuttle running at P Le Roma (even if your ship is boarding one day and leaving the next)? If so, is it easy to locate? How much is the cab from P Le Roma or how far is the walk?

We have done some research on this. Any other tips (below are the instructions we have)? We definitely do not want to spend the money on a water taxi and the Airport boat seems as expensive as a land taxi, only much longer.

ATVO (blue coach)

Directions from Marco Polo airport to Venice-Piazzale Roma Square

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/...port_buses.htm

ATVO (blue coach) Takes about 20 minutes from the airport to Roma Square

This bus costs €3,00 and is handy if you're carrying more than one suitcase or backpack, since it has a luggage compartment underneath where the driver will stow your bags. You may also want to take this bus early or late in the day, when local commuters are riding the public bus. The stop is located between the Arrivals terminal and the Departures area. (Caution: Buses for Padova and certain other locations are also blue, so look for the "Venezia" sign before boarding.)

You're supposed to buy a ticket from the public-transportation ticket counter in the arrivals terminal. Validate your ticket in the stamping machine next to the bus stop.

If the ticket booth is closed, proceed directly to the bus and ask the driver for a biglietto. Travel time to the Piazzale Roma is 20 minutes. For more information, see the Marco Polo-Venezia pages at ATVO.it.

http://www.vtp.it/pages/navi/crocierePasseggeri.jsp?n=1

SHUTTLE BUS TO/FROM MARITTIMA CRUISE TERMINALS - P.LE ROMA

Operating during the days when ships are embarking and disembarking cruise passengers: every 15/20 minutes. The service is provided on Cruise Operator's request.

FROM P.LE ROMA

P.le Roma is the only part of the city of Venice that can be reached by car. The cruise and ferry terminals can be reached by:

- Taxi cab

- Bus n. 6/ stopping just outside the entrance to the passenger port. On Mondays, Saturdays and Sundays, when ships are performing homeport operations, a free of charge shuttle bus to/from Piazzale Roma- Cruise Terminal is available every 15/20 minutes for cruise passengers.

Thank you!

We took the bus in 2006 and it was very easy. We found the ticket booth down near the baggage claim, bought our nice, cheap tickets and boarded the bus with no trouble. People were helpful about pointing us in the right direction. I can't remember exactly, but I think it was maybe a 30 minute ride or so to town.

I recommend a taxi from Piazza le roma to the ship when you have your luggage with you. It's only about a 5 minute ride so it doesn't cost much. It's just not a very nice walk - you have to cross a major street and it just seemed like a hassle with bags. We did walk back to town once we'd dropped our stuff off.

We were on Millennium in 2006. They did have the water taxis running from the ship to st marks square on the first day, even though we left the next day. I think we took it once and the other times we walked. I don't remember there being a bus shuttle that took you back to PLRoma, but maybe I am just not remembering.

Archived