Is Now The Time To Buy RCL Stock?

NorCalCruiseGuy

You might want to take a look at what Royal stock has been doing recently, and by recently I mean the past eight months. Each time the stock dips by 10 percent or more, it rebounds by more than 10 percent in short order. Since last August, the stock has been playing Mountains and Valleys and somebody is making money. Just a thought, and it has nothing to do with the OBC.

Happy cruising and stock picking to all!

Bob

By the way, for all of you who believe that Standard and Poors have a great handle on all things financial, please remember that they didn't see the Sub-Prime problems, or the effects they would have on the banking industry, before they happened.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

By the way, for all of you who believe that Standard and Poors have a great handle on all things financial, please remember that they didn't see the Sub-Prime problems, or the effects they would have on the banking industry, before they happened.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

That was my point as well. What I think happens is an "analyst" takes the financials, feeds it into a computer model that they set up and voila - junk or what ever. I'll bet none of these analysts have ever been on a cruise yet are experts on a particular industry or cruise line. Sure the cruise lines are in for a rocky period as are the airlines - Point made and taken is this - if you cant afford to lose 3000 or so dont invest. If you do - do it for the long term. Banks are paying what 2 - 2 1/2 % - anything is a gamble even playing powerball.

That was my point as well. What I think happens is an "analyst" takes the financials, feeds it into a computer model that they set up and voila - junk or what ever. I'll bet none of these analysts have ever been on a cruise yet are experts on a particular industry or cruise line. Sure the cruise lines are in for a rocky period as are the airlines - Point made and taken is this - if you cant afford to lose 3000 or so dont invest. If you do - do it for the long term. Banks are paying what 2 - 2 1/2 % - anything is a gamble even playing powerball.

Good advice.I could be wrong but I don't believe the OBC is going anywhere and I don't plan on selling the stock anytime soon.Its a small part of my 401k and the 200 dollar credit on our 10 day yearly cruise is a nice tax-free dividend(some years we cruise twice).We've have gotten 600 dollars for 3 cruises in 2 years which we've used on massages which has turned out to be a better return then some of the other stocks we own

Good advice.I could be wrong but I don't believe the OBC is going anywhere and I don't plan on selling the stock anytime soon.Its a small part of my 401k and the 200 dollar credit on our 10 day yearly cruise is a nice tax-free dividend(some years we cruise twice).We've have gotten 600 dollars for 3 cruises in 2 years which we've used on massages which has turned out to be a better return then some of the other stocks we own

Since we became stock holders we have gotten a minimum of $100 a year - lets see that goes back to 2001. For our Alaska and Panama cruise I think it was $200 and for our Med cruise also $200 and for the TA $250. Soooo S&P analyst - put that in your pipe and smoke it.

As an aside - years ago I bought 200 shares of Starbucks at $8/share. Stock split 4 x so now I have 800 shares. Sure stock is down now - but what is my average cost 2 bucks or something like that -- stock is selling for 16 now that the so called experts trashed them. My broker thought I was an idiot - til I explained that people want to own a lexus and cant but they can own the lexus of coffee and wil buy 2-3 a day. Still unimpressed til they opened one in his building - now he goes 2-3x a day - for a $4 buck drink - Thanks for drinking the coffee Simon <g>

Archived