Kids and Cruises

cruznstisle

Let me preface my question first by saying I don't have anything against kids personally - lol.......

I'm taking a cruise in October out of Charleston. I'm playing the odds that there won't be any or if so very few kids on the cruise due to school. Have you fellow cruisers found this time of year to be relatively kid free? It isn't really so much the kids themselves as is the parents, etc who let them run wild and misbehave.

I've researched adult cruises and they seem to have all but disappeared due to lack of participation or the market wasn't large enough to make them profitable.

What have been your experiences?

UH, sorry, but October is a very popular time to cruise with kids because so many districts have a week off in October. When we cruised on Carnival in October, there were at least 600 kids on board.

I see that you are from Texas. Is this where you departed? In SC, we don't have a week break during October and that's what I was basing my thoughts.

It doesn't matter where you depart, October is a huge family cruise time. A lot of East Coast and Midwest schools have a week off during October, and I've found that cruising during that month, especially on cruises that are on NCL, Carnival or RCCI, will have a lot of kids. That's why I wait until the first two weeks in November---very few kids, if any at all. I know that a lot of schools in our area have a few days off in October and parents pull their kids out for a few days in order to cruise that month.

It doesn't matter where you depart, October is a huge family cruise time. A lot of East Coast and Midwest schools have a week off during October, and I've found that cruising during that month, especially on cruises that are on NCL, Carnival or RCCI, will have a lot of kids. That's why I wait until the first two weeks in November---very few kids, if any at all. I know that a lot of schools in our area have a few days off in October and parents pull their kids out for a few days in order to cruise that month.

Thanks Tracie and Darcie for the info. I may just end up changing my dates. This cruise fit perfectly with my vacation and I could take a taxi to the cruise ship rather than flying or driving to FL.

We live in Beaufort, SC about 1 hour south of Charleston. Our school district, which includes Hilton Head, Bluffton and Beaufort, has October 18 - November 2 off. That's a two week break!

If you're looking to get away from kids, you might want to pick another date.

Archived